Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mills out!

Bye!

Comments

• Can Henry let rip into him at last then?
  • Having met Andrew Mills on more than one occasion I think you lot are being well unfair, top bloke if a little on the flash side. Was only doing what the chairman/manager at the time wanted him to do. A number of people on here & Netaddicks have done him a great dis-service the way they conspiracy theorised commented without actually knowing the facts.
  • It'll be interesting to see, once the season is all over, what Murray's verdict on his structure is. Was it the structure itself at fault, or the personnel?
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Having met Andrew Mills on more than one occasion I think you lot are being well unfair, top bloke if a little on the flash side. Was only doing what the chairman/manager at the time wanted him to do. A number of people on here & Netaddicks have done him a great dis-service the way they conspiracy theorised commented without actually knowing the facts.

Fair point. I don't think the club ever really explained his role properly - or maybe gave him too high a profile without ever explaining *why* he was there - so he became a scapegoat for some poor signings.
  • Personnel I would suspect
  • MILLS ON WHEELS

A warrant was out for Charlton's ex-General Manager Andrew Mills today, after taking his sacking from the club particularly badly. Mills was last seen stealing Darren Bent's chopper bicycle, screaming obscenities, before furiously peddling towards the Blackwall Tunnel.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]MILLS ON WHEELS

A warrant was out for Charlton's ex-General Manager Andrew Mills today, after taking his sacking from the club particularly badly. Mills was last seen stealing Darren Bent's chopper bicycle, screaming obscenities, before furiously peddling towards the Blackwall Tunnel.

your full of these aint ya barts! quality
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Having met Andrew Mills on more than one occasion I think you lot are being well unfair, top bloke if a little on the flash side. Was only doing what the chairman/manager at the time wanted him to do. A number of people on here & Netaddicks have done him a great dis-service the way they conspiracy theorised commented without actually knowing the facts.

Ditto. Not going to rip into him and still think he was scapegoated for a lot of things.

Once Pardew brought in Haverson (sp?) to do essentially the same role as Mills the writing was on the wall. The structure now isn't much different from what it was at the start of the season IMHO just all the names have changed ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2007
    MILLS ON WHEELS

A warrant was out for Charlton's ex-General Manager Andrew Mills today, after taking his sacking from the club particularly badly. Mills was last seen stealing Darren Bent's chopper bicycle, screaming obscenities, before furiously peddling towards the Blackwall Tunnel, pursued by a mystery ginger bearded bloke in a Golf yelling "Come back with my Dazza's bike Dooood!"
  • From Great Mills to Crap Deals

Andrew Mills was sensationally sacked from Charlton last night. The ex-agent was in shock at why his positon should be considered, arguing he successfully helped negotiate the deals to bring Traore and Hasselbaink to the Valley.
  • Can someone paste the article, i can't (surprisingly) get on the official site
  • i just copied you the headlines, what more do you want ???

You stay there, i'll go and make you a cup of tea and then i'll come back it read it out to you

:-)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i just copied you the headlines, what more do you want ???

You stay there, i'll go and make you a cup of tea and then i'll come back it read it out to you

:-)

LOL if you wouldn't mind
  • What a mess Mr Murray what a bloody mess.From the start of the season to now it has been a comedy of EFFING errors,I think we deserve some answers.
  • Let's face it, with Curbs there and basically the same structure in place for a good many years, the directors really had little to do on the managerial/coaching/backroom staff side - the ship ran itself. Perhaps they simply do not have the experience, so mistakes are made. I'm sure they will learn...

I am not dissing the board here, who along with Curbs are without doubt the saviours of the club, but merely stating it is one of the downsides of having a manager and set up for so long. Makes you wonder what will happen when Fergie goes at ManUre.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]What a mess Mr Murray what a bloody mess.From the start of the season to now it has been a comedy of EFFING errors,I think we deserve some answers.

I'm sure this has been aired before but the infamous Murray structure I think stemmed from the fact that Curbs spent so much of his time chasing round looking at players, and trying to establish their availability etc that it was felt that he could not devote as much time to coaching has perhaps he should. Perhaps he should have had more involvement with the youth set up than he did. Murray spent too much of his time on the the detail and not enough on pure decision making.

Mills job was a facilitator sitting between the two, taking some of the grunt work of both the Manager/Head Coach and the Chairman. I don't think he had any real power and was not sitting over the Manager. This structure was entirely workable provided everybody was comfortable with it.

Clearly Dowie was less comfortable than he claimed he would be and Pards is used to having a traditional relationship with the board/Chairman. So Mills job has become superfluous. If you add to that the fact that we started with four in the football management team and when Pards and Parky came, that became five, there was an obvious case of head cutting.

Was the original structure wrong. Yes because those within it clearly had problems with it. I still think there is a place for a facilitator role but only if the manager is happy with it.
  • Holloway must be on his way....
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like a bit of a coup , given his previous experience.

• edited March 2015

Sounds like a bit of a coup , given his previous experience.

He was chief exec of Brentford briefly. I think RM employed him at Charlton in part because he was the son of a friend. He was liked but pretty useless at the job he was given from my understanding at the time.

Maybe he'll be good at this, I wouldn't know, but I suspect it's the football merry-go-round in action (see also Waggott, Steve - Coventry City).
  • Strange timing, though I suppose they have to plan ahead for L1 next season
  • Thought this was gonna be about that bald lunch Danny Mills.
  • Lets hope he has the same impact for them, ie; a wet lifeless fart of an impact!

Nothing must disturb their projectile vomit into L1...
  • Thought this was gonna be about that bald lunch Danny Mills.

That'd be more likely to be 'Mills off".
  • expect hes left triaore and faye off his cv