Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

1940's fancy dress ideas

edited February 2012 in Not Sports Related
I have been invited to a 1940's fancy dress party.

Dress codeis either war uniform or 1940's civilian attire

any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Private Godfrey from Dads Army? 'My sister dolly...'

• Options
    Gotta be this, surely

imageimage
  • Options
    "One Don Welsh, there's only one Don Welsh"
  • Options
    Go as Churchill then drink loads and chat up all the women whilst smoking a big fat cigar.
  • Options
    "One Don Welsh, there's only one Don Welsh"
    See that chap holding Don Welsh up.......that's my step grandad that is!

I could go as him

• Options
    I went to a 1940's themed classic car show last year - I have to say that a uniform does wonders for both sexes!
  • Options
    go as glenn miller, then if it's crap you can just leave and claim you was 'just being in character'.
  • Options
    If he goes as Glenn MIller he might not get there.
  • Options
    A nazi uniform always goes down well.
  • Options
    A nazi uniform always goes down well.
    True - Ask Prince Harry
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pop round Brunellos is your best bet mate
  • Options
    You could always do the comedy pilot thing, if you can get hold of a flying jacket and leather helmet & goggles, and the obligatory white scarf billowing behind you on a wire. And a silly moustache of course.
  • Options
    What's Robbie Fowler doing in that photo?
  • Options
    & Teddy Sheringham.

• Options
    If you can jive, it has to be GI uniform. If not, it has to be 3 piece double breasted suit, kipper tie, and a Trilby hat. Make sure you put a photo up to show us the decision.
    PS. Without knowing whether you have got any, Brylcremed hair with a centre parting.
  • Options
    He was at a fancy dress party of course. Do keep up!
  • Options
    Sadly I still wear 40's bits and bobs everyday, at Chesterfield tomorrow I will be sporting a 1941 JW Benson desert campaign watch, a 1942 Liberties silk and cashmere gentlemans walking out scarf and a 1940 Dunn & Co Homburg Hat...

This is absolute confirmation that I am a middle class mockney twat as previously suggested...

ARP look is quite easy to acheive Swisdom, Tin Helmet, blue overalls, welly boots and a whistle
  • Options

ARP look is quite easy to acheive Swisdom, Tin Helmet, blue overalls, welly boots and a whistle
    It's not a gay club he's going to
  • Options
    If going down the uniform route just make sure you have a decent rank.I went to one of these and had to hand out the fish and chips as I was only a corporal!!!
  • Options

It's not a gay club he's going to
    Well what if he wanders into the Blue Oyster Bar by mistake then he wont feel underdressed.....if its the 40's do then he wins again, I had all bases covered thats all