Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Chrysler ad

Got to love it. Moody soundtrack, gravely voiced monologue over pictures of their latest car...

"Detroit. Home of the motor industry. The only work some families have ever known. We've had good times, and bad times - but we got through them, through hard work and adapting to change."

Yeah. And, you know, f***-off ginormous bailouts by the US taxpayer.

Incredible. It's like they've just erased the last five years of economic armageddon from memory. That country is f***ed.

Comments

• Options
    I know what you're saying Leroy and there certainly are iniquities to the US Chapter 11 system. But Chrysler is majority owned by Fiat now. So, not much difference from the Chinese takeover of MG (except that Chrylser still make cars that people buy).
  • Options
    Not much difference - except that Chrysler, as I said, were directly bailed out (twice) by the US taxpayer. The only reason they're part of fiat now is because the US taxpayer has, in essence, 'given' billions of dollars to fiat to own them. Kind of like me charging you to make beer, then making you pay for it again when you buy it, and firing all your buddies who made the beer afterward, and ensuring that the brewery who makes it can't pay taxes into the economy so when you get liver failure, they can't afford to treat you (and yes, I'm aware that poor analogy is rendered even worse by the US lack of public healthcare, but I'm tired and can't think of anything better)

My point being that it's actually pretty easy to 'innovate' when the government writes you a blank cheque with taxpayers' cash
  • Options
    We'll be seeing Northern Rock advertising soon telling us how they managed to survive the economic meltdown...........................
  • Options
    We'll be seeing Northern Rock advertising soon telling us how they managed to survive the economic meltdown...........................
    'Cept they are now Virgin Money.
  • Options
    Got to love it. Moody soundtrack, gravely voiced monologue over pictures of their latest car...

"Detroit. Home of the motor industry. The only work some families have ever known. We've had good times, and bad times - but we got through them, through hard work and adapting to change."

Yeah. And, you know, f***-off ginormous bailouts by the US taxpayer.

Incredible. It's like they've just erased the last five years of economic armageddon from memory. That country is f***ed.
    I know what you're saying Leroy and there certainly are iniquities to the US Chapter 11 system. But Chrysler is majority owned by Fiat now. So, not much difference from the Chinese takeover of MG (except that Chrylser still make cars that people buy).
    So they'll get bailed out by the Italian government instead now!