Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why is there no frost ?

edited February 2012 in Not Sports Related
I could google this, but thought I'd waste everyone's time on here.

As the temperatures have been below zero the last few nights. Why is there no frost on my car or lawn ?

PS Surely we don't have any meteoroligists on here ?

Comments

• Options
    no moisture in the air is why
  • Options
    Dry Air
  • Options

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish! (Michael)
  • Options
    Dry Air
    Lot of hot air on here though :-)
  • Options

As the temperatures have been below zero the last few nights. Why is there no frost on my car or lawn ?

I used to be a climatologist for a few years

• Options
    Central heating keeping the roofs clear and the body heat from foxes, badgers, squirrels, mice, rats, and low-flying bats keeping the lawns frost free.
  • Options
    was frost in my studio today, arrived to find all my paint and the waterpipes had frozen too
  • Options
    David Jason is making the royal bodyguard at the moment.
  • Options
    Dry your air mate,
    Cos there's plenty more ice on the Barents Sea
  • Options
    hello, good evening and welcome...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice one sralan - made me laugh!
  • Options
    glad to be of assistance :-)
  • Options
    it's often -10 and colder here in the Rockies, but there is very little humidity so it's quite pleasant also explains why we get such light fluffy powdery snow & why the skiing is so fantastic :-)

have to admit though that humidity or not, when it gets below -25, its just plain wrong.....
  • Options
    Dry Air
    Lot of hot air on here though :-)
    Maybe we should all meet at noon on the pitch.........................Guarantee the match being played then.
  • Options

I used to be a climatologist for a few years

So is global warming real, or is it made up?
    At the risk of stepping back into last year's heated debate on the subject, by 1996 I personally was utterly convinced it is real - (based only on a year working as a data inputter!) Since then the argument (pointless in my mind - it's happening, lets do something about it) is mainly over whether humans are causing it.
    Two worries for me is that most of the models dont take into account that when ice melts it leaves dark surfaces which have a very different albedo, so it will accelerate warming. The second is going to be the massive and relatively release of methane (a greenhouse gas) from places such as Siberia in a decade or so - another potential leap in global temperature.

• Options
    ...most of the models dont take into account that when ice melts it leaves dark surfaces which have a very different albedo...
    It's a big worry for Vangelis too. He might have to re-record his song Albedo 0.39.
  • Options
    ...most of the models dont take into account that when ice melts it leaves dark surfaces which have a very different albedo...
    It's a big worry for Vangelis too. He might have to re-record his song Albedo 0.39.
    Indeed Stig, the Earth's average surface albedo will no doubt shift towards 0.15, but increased cloud coverage could balance that.
  • Options
    hello, good evening and welcome...
    To nothing much. A no holds barred half nelson, with loving touch.