Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hell hath no fury......

edited February 2012 in Not Sports Related
than a cabinet ministers wife scorned

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16866127

Comments

• I always thought that the saying was 'Hell hath no fury than a womans corns'
  • That link just brings me back to this page.......
  • I know for a fact that John Terry was driving the car
  • He says he will plead not guilty. It seems highly likely she will plead guilty. What do the jury then make of that?
  • I love that he says that the CPS decision is "deeply regrettable". Yeh, I bet he deeply regrets it.
  • edited February 2012
    sorry tangoflash. Haven't got the hang of links on here yet. Cut and paste

or try again

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16866127

• He says he will plead not guilty. It seems highly likely she will plead guilty. What do the jury then make of that?
    It's one of those logic connundrums. If she pleads guilty then she admits that she perverts the course of justice. Would the jury conclude that she is continuing to pervert the course of justice by pleading guilty?
    It's one of those logic connundrums. If she pleads guilty then she admits that she perverts the course of justice. Would the jury conclude that she is continuing to pervert the course of justice by pleading guilty?
    Indeed. If she pleads guilty but he is found not guilty,the court would be accusing her of lying out of malice against the ex-husband love rat who shagged his secretary.

Although it is all over a measly speeding ticket, the press is going to treat it as if it is the biggest sex scandal involving a Cabinet minsiter since the Profumo affair!
  • Happens all the time. Seems that he been caught out and will be hung out to dry as an example. Not that I have an ounce of sympathy for him or anyone else that gets caught. We all speed on occassions. If caught, you have to take it on the chin................
  • Anyone know what the evidence the press have?
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone know what the evidence the press have?
    Former wife claiming to Isabelle Oakeshott (Sunday Times) in an e-mail that she took the points for him.
  • The testomony of his wife, lol
  • So it's not really evidence then, just one persons word against another. Which ever way it goes, she comes out of it as a liar.
  • edited February 2012
    So it's not really evidence then, just one persons word against another. Which ever way it goes, she comes out of it as a liar.
    I believe she also has evidence (with multiple witnesses) showing she was somewhere else at the time of the ticket, so could not have been at the wheel. I think she will plead guilty. Which leaves him looking like a cheat on dodging his legal punishment, a cad who shagged his secretary behind his wife's back- and a devious manipulator who then tried to lie his way out of it by protesting his innocence in the most forthright terms.

If found guilty, he will also be shown to have lied to his prime minister and his party leader.

Innocent until proven guilty.But if the ex-wife really does have the proof, he's finished and there can be no Mandelson-style comeback.

It becomes one of those extraordinary tales where a butterfly flaps its wings, and the world is changed forever. One little speeding ticket ends up destroying lives.
  • So it's not really evidence then, just one persons word against another. Which ever way it goes, she comes out of it as a liar.
    the issue is that, if found guilty, a senior Politician seemed to think that it's OK to lie and cheat.

Oh, no surprise there then!

• But it is not beyond the realms of possibility that she has set him up our of revenge- surely that will be his defence.
  • I've heard she is to replace John Terry in the England team as she is very good at taking penalties......

Coat on already.
  • The Courts are so self-important that perverting the course of justice is viewed as worse than the original offence, hence both will be dealt with more seriously than the original offence. The woman who googled a crim in a trial suffered likewise. If our criminal justice system were perfect and bad-guys were locked up for a term preportionate to their offence, I would agree with these breaches. But when serial offenders are given barely a slap on the wrist, these types of cases are a waste of money and resource. How much did this investigation of a motoring offence cost us the taxpayer?
  • Incorruptible said: I believe she also has evidence (with multiple witnesses) showing she was somewhere else at the time of the ticket,
    My understanding is that there is a time gap which shows that she might have been the driver. The case will be sent to the Crown Court probably on the first appearance at the magistrates'. Both defendants are required to provide defence case statements to the prosecution setting out their defence if they are going to contest the charge but the public don't get to see them - alas!! Will be very interesting to see whether she pleads guilty. The earlier the guilty plea the greater the discount on sentence.
    Harveys gardener asked How much did this investigation of a motoring offence cost us the taxpayer?
    . You can make an FOI enquiry of the police (I believe Essex) but you may wish to wait until the case is completed as costs will undoubtedly rise.
  • justice?
  • Sponsored links:

• 8 months seems a bit harsh .. i suppose the beak was keen to show that even neuvo toffs are not immune from stiff sentences
  • Good, she's a nasty piece of work. Had a mate who was a van driver at the firm where she was a partner. She drove into him then got out and gave him dogs abuse, swearing, threatening him etc. Luckily he knew who she was so didn't react. He was cleared when they checked the cctv, naturally he didn't get anything by way of an apology.
  • Dirty grass IMO glad she got as long a sentence as the fella

Take that bitch should've kept your gob shut and tried not to be so clever
  • How thick is she, they both deserve all they get.
  • They both got sent down? Good, pair of maggots.
  • Need to get the expenses fiddling crooks at Westminster inside next!