Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

iphone repair

Does anyone know a good place to get an iphone repaired? The glass is cracked and the lcd is probably damaged. It is a 3gs so not under warranty. I have seen prices of around £60 which seemed quite a lot to spend on a relatively old phone

Comments

• Options
    Cheers Rothko i will take a look. Have you used them before?
  • Options
    Yep, really good
  • Options
    I fixed the screen on my iPhone myself. It's very straight forward. Is the LCD deffo damaged?
  • Options
    Your not the bloke that smashed it while celebrating Greens goal at Exeter are you?!
  • Options
    No not def damaged. It may just be the glass. I can't use the slide to unlock button but the screen is still visible
  • Options
    No it wasn't me.
  • Options
    My phone keeps freezing and then getting the wirly wheel of death which is only sorted by rebooting. Any ideas?
  • Options
    mobile street will do it relatively cheap
  • Options
    IPod touch screens anyone?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No not def damaged. It may just be the glass. I can't use the slide to unlock button but the screen is still visible
    You can buy replacement screens for about £12 and it takes about five mins to switch them. All u need is a micro philips screwdriver, a cocktail stick and a sucker cup (for taking the screen out).
  • Options
    I have just ordered a replacement screen so let's see how it goes. Thanks for your suggestions
  • Options
    once additional piece of advice i should say is, make sure you use a decent and correct screwdriver (not a Pozidriv end) otherwise you could end up twisting the screw shape out of the end of the screw (if that makes sense).
  • Options
    If you look on ebay a lot of the replacement glass comes with a correct sized screwdriver, did mine on iphone 4 and very simple for 8 quid.
  • Options
    My missis has an iphone 4s on Vodaphone network and wants to change to 02.
    I have heard of this jailbreak thing, but don't want to send off $30 dollars for no apparent reason.
    Does this jailbreak damage any further iphone updates? Does it interfere with itunes?
    Can I get the phone to accept a O2 sim free?
    Or shall i just tell the ungrateful cow to lump it?
  • Options
    IPod touch screens anyone? Anyone know the cost of repair?
  • Options
    My missis has an iphone 4s on Vodaphone network and wants to change to 02.
    I have heard of this jailbreak thing, but don't want to send off $30 dollars for no apparent reason.
    Does this jailbreak damage any further iphone updates? Does it interfere with itunes?
    Can I get the phone to accept a O2 sim free?
    Or shall i just tell the ungrateful cow to lump it?
    Unbloking or jail breaking the iPhone will result in the loss of your warranty. It also means you can get all payed apps for free but Jail Break usualy results in your iPhone slowing down in time until you need to reboot it. Not worth it really, can be dangerous.
  • Options
    The Jobs Biography states that St Steve did his utmost to prevent access to the inner workings of Apple products. This neo-phobia stemmed from a desire to stop anyone attempting to marry Apple products with products of other companies. Steve Jobs control freakism went as far as to prevent consumers from even charging the batteries of some products
  • Options
    IPod touch screens anyone? Anyone know the cost of repair?
    Mobile street will probably be about 30 or forty depending on the model i think...
  • Options
    We fix mac.com based in Walthemstow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers CG will investigate!
  • Options
    Fixed it in 30 mins and all working for less than £6? Cheers for everyones help. I have looked at itouch screen replacement and that looks easy enough as well