Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

jack lester

Am I imagining it, did he play with mendonca at grimsby

Comments

• And he is still playing now , he must've been really young then unless he is looking real void for his age

He is putting in a fair shift for chesterfield
  • Met him once about 12 years ago must have been 25 then,as a teenager did he not play for Arsenal.
  • Am I imagining it, did he play with mendonca at grimsby
    they formed a terrific partnership .. there was talk years ago of Lester coming to us but he preferred a move to a more northern club, cant recall if it was Sheffield U or Forest .. he's played for both
  • Just scored the winner to put chesterfield to wembley
  • Lester has just scored for C'field in the paintpot semi .. sent them to Wembley .. adds a bit of spice to our visit in less than 2 weeks
  • can hardly believe that he is still playing , how old would clive have been now
  • According to his Wiki page he is 36. Thought he was older than that.
  • can hardly believe that he is still playing , how old would clive have been now
    40(ish)?
  • I think Lester was only a kid at Grimsby when he played with Mendonca, I definitely saw him play against us.

The one thing that still gives me hope that I am not an old b'stard is David James. I saw him play for Watford against us at Selhurst Park back in 1990, they beat us 2-1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Always rated him - not quite as good as Clive, but definitely underrated. GOod finisher, just lacked that little bit of pace. Very similar sort of player to Clive all round, actually.