Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

cafcpolo

did we let it go by completely that the little tax dodger actually finally got a job?

Comments

• Options
    Can confirm that Polo has joined / is joining the land of the washed
  • Options
    has joined, hence he's not been on here.

I think he should get the drinks in at the weekend.

i haven't had quiz questions on a sunday at 10.30pm for while. the poor lamb now has to have an early night so not tired for work the next day. bless.
  • Options
    Me neither... I wondered why they'd stopped
  • Options
    Dan, do you deal with any Events management jobs at your firm?
  • Options
    I could get the drinks, pay day friday :) woohoo!

The quiz has been pretty easy last few weeks so no help required. Sorry to disappoint you. Did you both get my new number? I had a bit of a mare sending it out, hehe.
  • Options
    Blimey - they'll employ anyone in IT these days...

Seriously fella - whereabouts are you based/what role are you in?
  • Options
    At Poole, Fitness First head offices. Its a Junior DBA/Programming role, mainly SQL Server but in time they're gonna get me on the development side. All sorts of blimin training courses going on with SQL & .NET.
  • Options
    LOL - how's your stored procedure skills then?...

I was a SQL Server DBA for 18 months - lemme know if you need a hand (and by that, I don't mean 'do your job for you').

PS: I sincerely hope, for your sake, that you don't have to put up with using SQL Server 7.0 for the first six months like I did...
  • Options
    Did alot of that on my placement so my stored procs, dts skills, t-sql are all up to scratch. Main problem is learning about all the data as its in such a fckn mess.

Cheers tho fella, I'll be on your case if I have any difficulties.

You still playin poker online? The new betfair software dont work on my machines, dc's me every 10secs. Any recommendations?
  • Options
    Aye - sick of PokerStars - no money to be made on the sit n gos unless you play the $20+ tables due to all the fish at the lower levels - and haven't got the patience online for the ring games. Am decamping to pacific Poker - brother swears by the low-level turbos - has a strategy where he sits tight and plays only absolute primo hands (Rockets, King Kong, Slick) before the first three are out, then apparently you get your stake back and play major aggressive - he's about 3 grand up in two months weeks using that approach. I'm joining him over there later this week.

Don't talk to me about suspect data - I've been dealing with sorting out a load of shitty old SurfControl Databases - upgrading them to SQL Server from Access of all things - its doing my shwede in I tells ya...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]I could get the drinks, pay day friday :) woohoo!

The quiz has been pretty easy last few weeks so no help required. Sorry to disappoint you. Did you both get my new number? I had a bit of a mare sending it out, hehe.

yeah got it. haven't saved it yet tho. will pass on to les and rothko as requested.
    wanted to come back with a smart reply about now you can afford a pay monthly as opposed to a student special "pay as you go" but i forgot.
  • Options
    i used to put my own private tourneys on,on pokerstars with just friends who played.took my money out of there over christmas as the beats at limit were too ridiculous and just use up my fpp at the moment in satelites,done ok in them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Dan, do you deal with any Events management jobs at your firm?

I only do IT nerds like Polo and Leroy ;-), but we do have a PR and Marketing division that may cover Events.

Drop me a mail at charlton_dan@netaddicks.com