Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johnnie Jackson, he buys the fans drinks.....

Comments

• Options
    Simply talking to the fans on a train is more than you'd expect from the average footballer. We really do have a great bunch in our squad. Jackson is a superb captain, leading by example on and off the pitch.
  • Options
    Was on the same train as Jacko an he called free bar for the whole train.

Had 5 pints on him. Only second to S-dog in my book!
    5 Pints???

• Options
    I wasn't even on the same train and he bought me a drink! ;-0
  • Options
    Yeh, S-dog would have got 6.
  • Options
    I am in a Belgium hotel tonight and my drink from JJ has just been delivered, hes a legend
  • Options
    He is buying everyone in the ground (apart from the Jimmy Seed stand) a drink on Tuesday night - but only a half pint. Cheapskate!!

Rambler has it spot on. What a squad - and credit to CP for putting them together.
  • Options
    What a Gent. The only time I was on a train with the Charlton team (Carlisle 1981) the players cleaned out the buffet car while we were still queuing up. I managed to forgive them as we got promoted that day.

Remember that. And we all sang, "Mike Bailey, Mike Bailey, Mike Bailey...." all the way back to London!

• Options
    Just recieved my pint in the post here in Melbourne ... What a legend...
  • Options
    Missed the last train home tonight so he paid for a black taxi (can I still say that?) to get me home!

I love JJ.
  • Options
    Been taking my 6 year old for a couple of seasons now, hasn't shown too much interest at the games to be honest, more interested in his DS. Last week took him swimming, had to take him to the loo and he was in one of the traps when out of the blue he said "dad, who's your favourite football player?" I said, dunno, expecting him to say Wayne Rooney, probably the only player he knew, but he shouts out "Mine's Johnnie Jackson!" Can't tell you how proud I was. Heard JJ on 606 and sounds like an absolute top bloke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is Nug, just tucked me in.
  • Options
    Lol Plaaayer ur an egg.

Singing at paddington to him, he got proper embarrased. Seems really down to earth. Legend.
  • Options
    Tell a lie, ValleyGary just tucked me in
  • Options
    What a top bloke.
    Slightly off topic - Although he's not ours, i remember going out with Kevin Davies for a few drinks when we were a bit younger (that was as a group of lads, not just the two of us, it's not the gay footballer thread) and he put his hand in his pocket. Went for a night around Chesterfield and at the end he decided he fancied a club in Leicester and paid for a taxi for all the lads to get there and back. On another night out he bought champagne all round after scoring an equaliser at Anfield, then proceeded to invite a couple of model's back to his house for a pool party. Not a flash git at all, just really down to earth but with money to burn. He seems quite a shy bloke who likes a pint and a crack with the lads.

JJ is becoming a legend. Let's hope he's here for a long time.
  • Options
    He'll easily be able to hack it in the Championship, and I'm hoping he'll be here for years to come. Real potential to become a club legend, as long as he sticks around!
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b01b91y7

Listen from 29:30 Charlton fan followed by Charlton captain
  • Options
    @Plaaayer MORNING
  • Options
    My son plays for Dartford juniors and was so happy when he got handed the number 4 shirt.... "that's Johnny Jackson's number"
  • Options
    I was on the same train as JJ,he had some photos with us at St James Park Station.

• Options
    He's just bought me the wetherspoons pub chain.
    Bit disappointed- wanted Spearmint Rhino.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks C_A_FC for the link. He sounds a really great guy and very down to earth. How lucky are we?! What a captain.
  • Options
    @ValleyGary Quality!
  • Options
    Just got the news, Will be getting all the CAFC fans in my pub a drink and sticking it on JJ's slate! What a man!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Can l pre-order?
  • Options
    Just got the news, Will be getting all the CAFC fans in my pub a drink and sticking it on JJ's slate! What a man!!!!!!!
    ha ha
  • Options
    wheres your pub mate ? details re booze etc and who knows.
  • Options
    I was on the same train as JJ,he had some photos with us at St James Park Station.

Football friend.
  • Options

Football friend.
    :-)
  • Options
    That Johnnie , oh Johnnie Jackson,
    He buys the drinks for me song

Has just got to be sung on Tuesday night.

Perhaps if JJ bags a goal , he can celebrate by making a drinking a pint gesture.
  • Options
    Best capatin since Mark Kinsella - wins us both games against Sheffield and buys the fans drinks. He must be feeling like a king after them couple of free kicks. A class act and fast becoming a Charlton Legend.