Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

match fitness of referees

do referees get rested?

we are often told how fit refs have to be for the modern game and managers always complain about playing too many games.

i ask this because i've just realised howard webb reffed a top of the table match (man city v spurs) on sunday, a cup semi-final that went to extra time (cardiff v palace) on tuesday, and friday nights everton v fulham fa cup match.

Comments

• Options
    Grimsby were awarded a penalty for a tackle on Liam Hearn by referee Richard Wigglesworth but he overturned it after consulting with his assistant.

Looks as though Mr Wigglesworth was so fit that he was not only refereeing but helping out in the Cambridge defence. (As you might have guessed, in fact this is just a dreadful use of English on the BBC website)
  • Options
    Grimsby were awarded a penalty for a tackle on Liam Hearn by referee Richard Wigglesworth but he overturned it after consulting with his assistant.

Looks as though Mr Wigglesworth was so fit that he was not only refereeing but helping out in the Cambridge defence. (As you might have guessed, in fact this is just a dreadful use of English on the BBC website)
    I don't know about that Lincs, last weeks ref seemed to be Sheffield's extra player... ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    wasn't there newbie.. but I'm sure that some referees are so keen on horse racing that they use their own version of handicapping the leading teams