Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Greenwich University

2»

Comments

• Options
    bit of hair splitting - there was a transition period. Point was there are no SU facilities in Woolwich
    The Woolwich Campus closed with the move to the old naval college buildings
    Not immediately. Staff administration stayed at woolwich through to 2006. I worked in riverside house. Also at least one year where the uni ran 5 campuses avery hill, greenwich, dartford,medway and woolwich.

• Options
    Go to the best university you can, the quality of the nightlife should be low down on your list of priorities....
    Some very sensible advice indeed.
    Agree fully with this advice although I do know a few people who studied at greenwich and have gone on to do very well. Depends very much on the subject you are studying, the alternative institutions available (based on your qualifications) and how hard you study.
    I graduated mid nineties and the name 'uni of greenwich' was more of a burden than a help when trying to get a job (I gained a 2:1). Might be different now though.
  • Options
    Go to the best university you can, the quality of the nightlife should be low down on your list of priorities....
    Some very sensible advice indeed.
    Agree fully with this advice although I do know a few people who studied at greenwich and have gone on to do very well. Depends very much on the subject you are studying, the alternative institutions available (based on your qualifications) and how hard you study.
    I graduated mid nineties and the name 'uni of greenwich' was more of a burden than a help when trying to get a job (I gained a 2:1). Might be different now though.
    I do agree with this however I think things have changed even since then, unless you study at a top university employers won't take a huge notice of where you attained the qualification therefore I think things like the location, nightlife etc. are important as well otherwise putting yourself through a few years of somewhere you won't enjoy will probably have an affect on what qualification you come out with.

I'm sure the OP has looked into university tables etc and now it is down to the area the uni is located which is a sensible thing to do
  • Options
    Go to the best uni you can, and then travel at the weekends to the uni with the best night life/best girl:boy ratio/most slutty girls.

Greenwich has some amazing pubs in it, but they are mostly not in the centre and located around Greenwich... Vanbrugh Tavern Trafalger Tavern etc.

The Auctioneer used to have a great Thursday night where it was really really cheap but now they have stopped that and it is basically dead, I think the staff go and sit on the tables to make up the numbers haha

The Hardy have some ok student deals, it basically brings it down to the price of a Wetherspoons. The only problem is they play music sometimes which has a similar noise level to that of a club...
  • Options
    If you have any other offers, take them.
  • Options
    many of the students are from overseas, attracted by the location and the luxury student accommodation in Creek Road paid for by their rich parents
  • Options
    Go to the best uni you can, and then travel at the weekends to the uni with the best night life/best girl:boy ratio/most slutty girls.
    The problem being that when you travel to these other student towns at the weekend is those students also travel away, sort of defeats the point