Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burns Night and Australia Day

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Belated happy Burns Night to all those that celebrate it i hope you had a good 1. Saw a few men in skirts on the way out last night

and Happy Australia Day to all the CAFC down under.

Comments

• Thank you Goonerhater. My daughter got dressed in her $2 Australia Day top and bizarrely our local park had a "Celtic Meet" with lots of men in kilts and bagpipes all over the place. That's multicultural Australia for you!

Then some friendly aborigines went and f***ed it up by harrassing the Prime Minister, although it was that goon Tony Abbott that got them wound up. No excuse however.
    I continue to be mystified by the aboriginal plight (as do the vast majority of Australians)
    as they have had a rough deal, but there seems no way out that they are able/prepared to take.
  • Thanks Gooner.....a good excuse for a day off for most if nothing else...
  • edited January 2012
    5 minute break in the federer v nadal Australian Open semi final for poxy fireworks ...... That helped their concentration
  • Anyone doing anything for Burns night? I'm drinking Fraoch Heather Ale whilst listening to Pink Floyd's "Several Species". Life don't get much better!
  • Might have to dip into the Talisker I reckon
  • I've got a bottle of Irn Bru in the fridge for special occasions.