Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

On BBC 2 TV Tonight...

...in "Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is" at 5.15pm, antiques expert Catherine Southon will be selling a silver spoon with a tennis motif to yours truly at Chislehurst Tennis Club.
This was filmed last May, and I was wearing a white CAFC shirt, but was obliged to wear it inside-out so the Charlton logo didn't show!! I have no idea how much footage they will screen of the 2 or 3 minutes filmed, but will find out soon after 5.30pm!

Comments

• Options
    Why was the Charlton badge not allowed to be shown?
  • Options
    bbc has strict rules on advertising and product advertising, news presenters doing outside broadcasts would have to gaffer tape over and brand logos on there jackets, its only just started to realax these rules, i believe soon that the queen vic will also soon be selling real beer to the clients and not a made up brewery like they and corry have done for years.
  • Options
    I understand the BBC's rules about product advertising but surely that does not apply to a club badge?
  • Options
    arnt football club badges registerd trade marks tho? so would fall into there guidelines.
  • Options
    it doesn't if its west hams badge. see it on eastenders all the time.
  • Options
    Yeasr ago as a Product manager I sent window stickers and merchandise packs to corrie for Alf Roberts grocery store and I was surprised the next week to see them displayed and on the counter - NO Charge - Those were the days
  • Options
    So how come so many BBC 'chat' shows and the like feature people who turn up purely to push their new book/cd/show etc.?
  • Options
    karim, they may use the hammers logo but no one has appeared in a current league shirt with sponsers et al, im sure either alfie or billy always wear an old 60's style west ham shirt which is fine as no kit sponser name ect..
  • Options
    march, if it means they can book a-list celebs or the top band of the day for a show 2 seconds of graham norton holding up there latest dvd or cd is way of saving money, if they have nothing to plug they would demand appearence fees which would astound you, but by saying you will plug there latest project you get them for free, double standards i know but hey ho.
  • Options
    Ah sorry, I read the OP's message saying "Charlton logo" and took it as singular i.e. badge. I am forgetting all the sponsors and the shirt manufacturers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i thought thats what we were talking about...the charlton logo.
    i guess if solaraddick was wearing one with sponser 'krbs' all over it then yes product placement/advertisment when not payed for.
    krbs and charlton fans might be falsely known to be into cutlery and tennis. and none of us want that.
  • Options
    true that karim..
  • Options
    I didn't know that, thanks aa.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    When I lived in Saudi as a kid I was a regular presenter on a tv show called "Children's Choice". Used to be filmed one night a week to be shown the following afternoon.

I inadvertently wore a tshirt one night during filming which had a "7- up" logo on it. No one noticed other than some scrupulous bods at Pepsi or Coke (or someone similar) who proceeded to threaten to sue the tv station for it and the whole show was pulled that week because of it.

Didnt ask me back after that and that abruptly ended my fledgling television career and I returned back to London shortly afterwards where I took up a paper round.
  • Options

Does this explain why we get bu&&er all coverage on The Football League show then?? ;-)
  • Options
    Yep it's all Rodders' fault. Once the Arab TV companies found out about his past misdemeanour they said they'd pull the plug on all the TV Rights deals if 'those South East London Infadels ever get more than the absolute minimum of TV coverage'.

Rodders' t-shirt is also the mysterious reason why the Zabeel deal collapsed.
  • Options
    Perhaps the rules are applied more strictly to indie production companies- this was Reef TV, wasn't even able to wear a jacket with 'Chislehurst Tennis Club' logo...the producer made 2 or 3 phone calls to establish what was permissible - in the end, plain white t-shirt (thankfully it was a warm day!)
  • Options
    Legend that is Clive R.
  • Options
    You was well and truly done Clive !
  • Options
    Well done Clive, you'll be on "I'm a celebrity" next!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    £40 for a spoon?
  • Options
    Don't stir him up.
  • Options
    A lot to fork out for a piece of cutlery...
  • Options
    Thanks for taking the time to watch :-)
    I thought it was a 'reasonable' price to pay for PR for the tennis club, sralan!
  • Options
    Ah, you shrewd devil :-)
    So was it your money or were you just the face of the tennis club?
  • Options
    Is she as much of a munter as she looks on the TV?
  • Options
    I quite fancy her - must be my age!
  • Options
    is it on iplayer yet? might have a look at lunch.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01b3cpv/Put_Your_Money_Where_Your_Mouth_Is_Series_5_Charlie_Ross_v_Catherine_Southon_UK_antiques_fair/
    'Nice girl', Tango, good 'fun' character. I didn't realise how much of the tennis-playing footage they shot - they managed to cobble together the 2 or 3 times she actually hit the ball!. It was 'my' initiative, following original contact from Catherine via the tennis club website, and my dosh to start with, re-paid by the club...though we still haven't managed to sell the spoon on!