Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

HugoZHackenbush

So who spotted him in the brief news montage about saving Wimbledon FC on the Late kick off show? He was clearly seen behind the flag carrier on the march, how long ago was that HZH?

Comments

• Options
    I think AFC Wimbeldon were formed in the summer of 2002 so I guess if you are thinking of the march from Selhurst station to Sh*thurst park then it must have been late 2001 or early 2002.

A very strange experience it was too. I've had a few experiences of abuse for wearing club colours away from home but on that occasion complete strangers were walking up to me and shaking my hand and thanking me for taking part. It was basically a carbon copy of the fans' day that Brighton had held a year or two earlier.

I also went to Sutton Utd. for the first friendly of the new AFC Wimbledon. That was anunreal experience - 6000 people watching what was essentially a parks team.

I watched AFC Wimbledon on quite a few occasions in those early days when Sky had büggered up our fixtures for us. There were some very strange settings with a couple of thousand people stood in a field where the average home gate was probably arounhd 40 or so. One of my favourite memories is Merstham, where there was a marquee staffed by ladies who were obviously more used to catering for cricket matches. You could choose between cheese rolls, cheese and pickle rolls, cheese and onion rolls, cheese and tomato rolls and cheese and cucumber rolls. And there were thousands of them. During the second half people were wandering round selling them off at 2 for a pund or whatever.

• Options
    Are you two still alive?
  • Options
    I can't speak for myself but Latimer appeared to be when I saw him at Wycombe in October
  • Options
    And I saw Lats at Hillsborough. He looked alive to me!