Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

january signings

edited January 2012 in Rumours
who would you realistically like to see us sign in jan

Comments

• Options
    Manny Smith and Jamie Vardy, but the summer will do.
  • Options
    Other than the couple of signing's we've already made we really need a right back to cover for Solly.
  • Options
    reckon hughes is adequate there....
  • Options
    Hughes has been nothing but a disaster at RB. I rate him in the middle but he's been shocking at full back and the Scunny fans who lambasted him often saw him in that role. Definitely need a proper RB going forward. Another left sided midfielder would be good, as well as Osbourne in at CB
  • Options
    Perhaps Jordan Cousins is ready as cover for Solly?
  • Options
    Good question, I'd love to see us wrap up this league quickly so we can give Cousins , Harriott and one or two others a go.

• Options
    Good question, I'd love to see us wrap up this league quickly so we can give Cousins , Harriott and one or two others a go.

Yes,curious that Harriott impressed last year, but when JJ was crocked we got a loanee in.
  • Options
    Don't think we need any. We have players coming back from injury and strength in depth in all areas. Look what happened to Sheff Wed yesterday when they threw in a new signing.
  • Options
    It seems you forget how young Harriott is, Harvey?
  • Options

Yes,curious that Harriott impressed last year, but when JJ was crocked we got a loanee in.
    Wouldn't say Harriott impressed last year, he certainly gave a glimpse of what he could become but not ready yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We also have a totally different agenda to last season. Not fair to chuck youth teamers into a Championship push.
  • Options
    I don't think CP or the board are taking any chances with who plays this year. The squad was pretty damn good before we signed a few more. Seems one aim is the board ethos too.
  • Options
    We also have a totally different agenda to last season. Not fair to chuck youth teamers into a Championship push.
    Not until the titles wrapped up , maybe we could bring in a youngster and flog them for big bucks in the Summer to provide a transfer budget for the Championship?
  • Options
    Slightly younger than Oxlade-Chamberlain and no less talented IMHO. Scores more U18 goals as well.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Slightly younger than Oxlade-Chamberlain and no less talented IMHO. Scores more U18 goals as well.
    Mental. As talented as Oxlade-Chamberlain?? Supporters always have such a hard-on for the hidden gems. Chris Powell has got Charlton to the top of League One. He's a decent manager. If Harriott, Cousins and the much-vaunted Azeez were good enough you'd better believe they'd be playing. As it is, they aren't, therefore the management don't view them as ready. Jonjo got his start very young because the quality was clearly there already, and now he's at Liverpool. The same people who moan that Harriott should be given a chance are the same who moaned Basey should be getting in the team, and the same ones who asked why Curbs wasn't starting Lawrie Wilson in the Prem, a player who know plies his trade in the third division. They aren't ready, they might never be, and they won't play until they are
  • Options
    Harriott has a sweet left peg. He is amazing at set pieces too. IMO, he's not ready. He needs a loan (so does Cousins and Osborne). He is one for the future but he's not ready to be a part of the team whilst we are aiming for promotion. We chucked him in last season because we had nothing to win or lose so it was a 'why not' situation.
  • Options
    Wouldn't mind seeing Doc go out and another CH come in. That would strengthen us even further. Have a felling Paul Hayes might go out on loan
  • Options
    osbourne would be ideal for me quality centre back and cover at right back
  • Options
    I still reckon we are sniffing around Ben Marshall who the wendies were getting excited about. I have never seen him but we have been linked and it makes sense he had a "stinker" against his future employers yesterday.
  • Options
    Agree, left winger (Marshall or Ephraim) on a permanent and Osbourne for Doherty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Andy Reid can't get in the forest line up at the moment. I would love to see him come back on loan.
  • Options
    Andy Reid can't get in the forest line up at the moment. I would love to see him come back on loan.
    I liked Andy Reid a lot, but he looked more overweight than usual when last I saw him and he can't get into a Forest side who can't buy a goal and are hovering in the relegation zone. Not for me
  • Options
    I still reckon we are sniffing around Ben Marshall who the wendies were getting excited about. I have never seen him but we have been linked and it makes sense he had a "stinker" against his future employers yesterday.
    But why would he want to come to a tin-pot club like ours when he can play for MASSIVE Wendy?
    ;-)
  • Options
    Hayes, Doc and Alonso are history - they will be released and paid up. Harriott, Cousins, Aziz and Osbourne are definately not ready yet - send them out somewhere for some experience in mens football first.
  • Options
    Hayes, Doc and Alonso are history - they will be released and paid up. Harriott, Cousins, Aziz and Osbourne are definately not ready yet - send them out somewhere for some experience in mens football first.
    Doc & Alonso yes but i cant see Hayes being released, maybe sold or loaned though.
  • Options
    I think Alonso will stay, and play a huge part in us winning the Kent Senior Cup
  • Options
    have we reached a record on yet the amount of new players? cant remember one season in my 25 odd years as an addick with so many sigings.
  • Options
    Dowie and Pardew would have beaten it given half a chance and not because it was needed, just because they love collecting players
  • Options
    I think Alonso will stay, and play a huge part in us winning the Kent Senior Cup
    Fantastic! the treble is on!

• Options
    Dowie and Pardew would have beaten it given half a chance and not because it was needed, just because they love collecting players
    Problem is they never cleared out the deadweight in our team like SCP has