Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eurodisney

2»

Comments

• I took the kids in September. We stayed at main hotel and it was great for the early entrance.

First day we are in the park and it really is awful (the other restaurants referred to in Disney Village which is outside the main two parks). Other days we took our own stuff in like rolls, cold meats etc which was much better and free. We also took drinks with us to save queuing in the park.

You should have a great time there
  • We are thinking of booking for 3 nights in August. Without travel staying in a park hotel (B&B) we have been quoted £1050 . 2 adults and 2 kids . Is this particularly expensive and is there anywhere that people know of that are doing cheaper deals?
  • I doubt it Beds. August is pretty peak and staying in a Disney hotel isn't cheap. There are several other "park hotels" that provide a free shuttle which takes about five mins or so and are located at the periphery of the site. I stayed in Dream Castle but I think there are several others whose names are I think Circus and Explorers or similar. On that occasion I booked the hotel independently through Booking.com and paid separately for park tickets. All in all the saving wasn't really worth it. The Dream Castle was absolutely fine but I doubt I would do it that way again given the meagre saving. August will be very busy though so I hope you don't mind crowds. Winter months are great for midweek trips. Enough people but no real time wasted in queues. Feb is a cheap month.
  • We are thinking of booking for 3 nights in August. Without travel staying in a park hotel (B&B) we have been quoted £1050 . 2 adults and 2 kids . Is this particularly expensive and is there anywhere that people know of that are doing cheaper deals?
    I struggled getting a quote under 3 grand there are 6 of us. I have been reading this thread thinking it sounds good only to get a price that makes me think people on here are obviously a lot richer that me :-(

• The stunt show thing is good just got back,and the richard that plays tangled is a complete sort
  • We got 2 nights- 3 days (B&B in Newport Bay Club) just before Christmas for £500 but it was £140 dearer the day before - you do need to keep checking as the prices change. Feb is the best month for queues and prices if your kids are young enough that you can get them off school for a few days. I wouldn't go in August, it is simply too busy then apart from being much more expensive.
    I struggled getting a quote under 3 grand there are 6 of us. I have been reading this thread thinking it sounds good only to get a price that makes me think people on here are obviously a lot richer that me :-(

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/hotels/france/seine-et-marne/disneyland-paris.html?mkid=79879168&aid=1&gclid=CPSt4--dw60CFWIntAod92Dc_Q
    Try this site, not used myself, But if you go at half term before the summer school hols and stay for 2 days at the park, you should cover most of the things. You could always stop off at Paris on the way home if you drive, and take food that you can stop at along the motorways they have picnic sites. As I said I did go a few years ago, but had 3 kids (twins boys of 8) i did all the driving and my wife did the planning. Unlike the UK there are?/were few if any roadworks, and except Paris in the rush hour, especially morning no jams. Although this was a few years ago, I did drive all over France the year before last without the nightmare of the UK? . By the way I also covered the UK , at least the French like kids. My experiences of Centre Parks and Theme parks in the UK, were long que's, poor quality food, and 'clueless student's', there to amuse themselves, on a break from Uni......
  • Planning on going 2nd weekend in July - myself, Daughter aged 17, and Son aged 10.

Looking at Park Hotel to get the extra 2 Hours as people have suggested on this thread - maybe Sequoia Lodge - asuming you can park there as planning to go thru Eurotunnel.? And also booking up Cafe Mickey as per SHG's suggestion.

Anything happened or any website suggestions in the 2 years since last comment on this thread?
  • edited June 2014
    We went in December - Cafe Mickey is definitey cafe standard food - nothing special -at a resteraunt price- but you get the characters walking around you for pics and autographs! The 2 hours you get before the park opens is good but it isn't the whole park - just the middle bit - Dumbo, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland and the rockets and Buzz lightyear in the future zone! What you can do is position yourself at th efront of a queue for a ride that opens at 10 that you really want to go on and know will be popular - although they block off the other zones - you still get a head start.

Weekends there are generally too many people, but non weekends - the park can get a lot emptier for the last hour before day trippers go home. You can get some of the good rides done then! McDonalds in the Disney Village may not be the healthy option, but you can save a bit using that as everywhere else is expensive. Have a big breakfast - cotinental but lots of rolls and ham/cheese as well as the usual stuff.
  • Thanks Mutts.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's a fantastic place, we went last year in May/June and drove down, it was a lovely drive, 30 odd minutes in the euro tunnel and you're on your way.

Book the themed restaurants in advance, personally my favorite was cafe Mickey, however we did the cindrillion (sp) and it was really expensive and the food was average (our bill came to over 270 euros for a meal!).

Off to Florida next year to sample Disney over there.

Word of warning though, you will be absolutely knackered by the end of the day lol.
  • It's a fantastic place, we went last year in May/June and drove down, it was a lovely drive, 30 odd minutes in the euro tunnel and you're on your way.

Book the themed restaurants in advance, personally my favorite was cafe Mickey, however we did the cindrillion (sp) and it was really expensive and the food was average (our bill came to over 270 euros for a meal!).

Word of warning though, you will be absolutely knackered by the end of the day lol.

You would think it's fantastic, it's got electricity ;-)
  • edited June 2014
    Wife and son love it - a bit too commercial for me! Loads of shops selling the same things at 3 times more than they should cost!
  • Make the most of the bits that are not weekend, as my impression was that half of paris are season ticket holders, and it fills up like mad at the weekend.
    The food in the park is nearly all fast food, but if your kids are of an age, it IS magic, and you have to be a bit of a grim bugger not to get carried along with it. I'm going in october on the way to my sisters wedding, and the girls are already excited.
    We did the Cindrillion too. The girls loved the princesses (but it's always the same two or three, Cinders, Belle and Aurora) but the price was exorbitant and the food average. You do it for the children I suppose ;-)

You would think it's fantastic, it's got electricity ;-)
    Yawn.

• Thanks Guys.
    As my latest electricity bill was 700 quid, i sometimes wish i didnt have it.!
  • Why don't you wish it was cheaper instead?
  • looking to book this as a present, anyone know a ball part figure for 3 nights stay mid week and eurostar? Who is it best to book with?
  • Paid about £600-700 for 2 nights and eurostar last June, that included my wife and 2 year old at the time but I'm sure there was no extra cost for him. When you go mate make sure you take some extra £££ as it's very expensive in the park.
  • Nicholas said:

Paid about £600-700 for 2 nights and eurostar last June, that included my wife and 2 year old at the time but I'm sure there was no extra cost for him. When you go mate make sure you take some extra £££ as it's very expensive in the park.

Cheers mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thank you for everyone's comments.
    I'm almost ready to book using this link... https://book.disneylandparis.com/HotelResultsState.aspx
    Going to probably book the Sequoia Lodge, and trying to miss the weekend by going to Paris from Friday night to Sunday night and then off to Eurodisney for Sunday night and then leave ED circa 4pm on the Wednesday.
    The question is,the price includes Park Entrance, however you can only book from day and leaving day - but are those days included in your Park pass? In other words, if i'm leaving at 4pm on the Wednesday, then do i get a Park pass for that day too?
  • Thank you for everyone's comments.
    I'm almost ready to book using this link... https://book.disneylandparis.com/HotelResultsState.aspx
    Going to probably book the Sequoia Lodge, and trying to miss the weekend by going to Paris from Friday night to Sunday night and then off to Eurodisney for Sunday night and then leave ED circa 4pm on the Wednesday.
    The question is,the price includes Park Entrance, however you can only book from day and leaving day - but are those days included in your Park pass? In other words, if i'm leaving at 4pm on the Wednesday, then do i get a Park pass for that day too?

My experience of booking direct with Disneyland Paris is that you get park tickets for every day including day of arrival and departure.

http://www.dlpguide.com/guidebook/practical/officialcontacts/

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=414174

• edited June 2014
    Yes, the leaving day but you need the passes from the hotel to get in. I never arrived early enough to check.