Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

m&s Valentines horror

A young labourer at work decided to do something nice for his Mrs and have some flowers sent to her work. He thought he would go through m&s rather than a back street florist for safe option (how wrong he was).
His mobile rang during the day with the other half in tears on the other end saying that she had just received a box roses cut up into loads of little bits. She must have thought that she had a 'Murry walker' on her case (stalker).
He rang up m&s and made them have it down the phone but all he got back was a gift voucher for the price of the flowers?!! DISCRACE!
Apparently the box she received was the off-cuts and trimmings but someone accidentally wrapped it up.

Comments

• Ouch...

I'd tell him to write directly to the CEO of M&S: Stuart Rose

Marks and Spencer Group plc
    Waterside House
    35 North Wharf Road
    London
    W2 1NW

Telephone
    020 7935 4422

Fax
    020 7487 2679

Customer Services
    Telephone
    0845 302 1234

Email address
    customer.services@marks-and-spencer.com
  • yeah tell him not to drop it. that's shocking.
  • Sorry, but I think that is well funny :-)
  • Bloody hell! Take it to the top.

In fact, I'd consider taking that tale to a newspaper!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Sorry, but I think that is well funny :-)

glad i wasn't the only one who thought that !!
  • same here the young woman concerned wants to chill out ffs
  • you're cruel! imagine if you recieved something like that. or your wife/g.f did !

that would be shocking at least in the first instance!
  • At the time maybe, you'd look back & tell it as a funny story retrospectively though..!
  • edited February 2007
    Seriously, get on the blower to the consumer desk of the tabloid of your choice, and they'll come round, get your girlfriend to pose with the bits of roses and a big sulky look on her face, and one of your good self grimacing, and M&S will have to treat you two to something nice.
  • [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite] and M&S will have to treat you two to something nice.
    or our own residential MCS could treat them
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2007
    Yeah to a great big fat Spliff maybe..!
  • My boss here got some flowers delivered unfortunatly it was 7.30pm on the 14th.

When told they'd missed her they said never mind she can have them tomorrow, on close inspection the flowers were smashed up, battered & wilting.

Her husband had paid over £100 for this bunch and ordered them back in January!

Is it any wonder people are fucked off with Valentines day? Service is shit becuase people will pay it anyway. I agree with Inspector Sands... it has the Sun written all over it.
  • Well, I took my missus to Rome for Valentine's day - it was fantastic.

That said, I did pay 500 fucking notes for the privilege...
  • My wife's perspective on Valentine's Day.... I don't need an overpriced piece of card to know that you love me on a particular day of the year or if if you have been up to no good that you feel it will bail you out. Stay clear of routine, a surprise bunch of flowers, visit to the cinema, meal out ensures you steer clear of such unfortunate mishaps and means more from my experience
  • I'm sorry, I think that is funny as you like!!

The description of what happens when a tabloid gets involved too is bang on!!

'My Valentines hell!!'
  • Take it to one of the red-tops.
    They'd love a tale like that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Well, I took my missus to Rome for Valentine's day - it was fantastic.

That said, I did pay 500 fucking notes for the privilege...

What is it worth it Leroy or was you asleep by 11pm? hehe
  • It was well funny!! The pic on his phone of the mashed up box of shite was hilarious!
  • edited February 2007
    You'd be better off writing to the Company Secretary rather than the CEO. More likely to get a response, IMHO.