Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Question for Stattos

Following a discussion in the pub yesterday, anyone have any idea what the smallest points spread between top and bottom place in the league has been, and the smallest between the highest relegated team and the highest team not to qualify for Europe in the top division?  

Comments

• Options
    And how long after that discussion did you all put on your anoraks and chat about trains?:-)
  • Options

I'm (honestly) not a statto, but the 1927-28 season in Div 1 must be a contender, with only 7 points between 4th and last place.  I think something like any of 10 teams could be relegated on the last day of the season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1927%E2%80%9328_Football_League

• Options
    And how long after that discussion did you all put on your anoraks and chat about trains?:-)

It was a Palace fan who started it...
  • Options
    It gets worse - he's talking to Palarse fans now!
  • Options
    Worse than that, he's me best mate...
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Too much port, sardines and perry perry chicken for you laddo. :-)
  • Options
    Perry Perry chicken , i've not tried that?
  • Options
    That's because you b******s keep going to other places for your holidays... ;-)
  • Options
    1937/38 season, 16 points separated champions Arsenal from bottom place West Brom

That season is also notable for the trivia fact that Man City, who had won the league the season before, became the only reigning champions to have been relegated.
  • Options
    That's because you b******s keep going to other places for your holidays... ;-)
    This word You use: Hol-i-days ?
    What does it mean ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Something that people with regular income sometimes indulge in, so I am told P...