Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Long Shot.....Pubs in Rye/Winchelsea showing Orient match

edited December 2011 in General Charlton
Unfortunately i will not be at the Matchroom Stadium, really want to see the game though.  Due to new year commitments I will be in Sussex, i was wondering if anyone knew a pub that might be open and or showing the Orient game.

THANKS A MILLION

Comments

• Options

Don't worry about the match but the Royal Oak in Winchelsea/Pett Level is a lovely pub. Used to have the smallest of pool tables, mind you I haven't been in there since the night Dennis Andries got hammered by Thomas Hearnes. Same weekend as the Zeabrugge disaster.

• Options

Try the Pipemakers arms in Rye.

01797 229961

• Options

I live in Rye, so hopefully I'll have an idea.

The Crown on Ferry Road, is on my road and always seems to be showing sport, so it's likely to be showing the match. The Pipemakers arms, as mentioned above, usually shows football. Also, the pub on Fishmarket Road, can't remember the name at the moment, will probably be showing the match. I'd check the Crown first though.

Hope that helps.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks a million guys, maybe see you in there.

EDIT -  just called Pipemakers arms, they're not showing Charlton match.  Apparently they cannot get it.
    Going to head to the Crown and see whats happening.