Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thank you Paul Benson...

And good luck at Swindon and in your future career.

A shame it didn't quite work out for him, I can't begrudge wishing an honest trier the best of luck.

Comments

• Options
    I'll always wish the bloke well - gave his best for us and that is all you can ask. A good honest pro.
  • Options
    always done his best and acted in the way all pros should.  Throroughly nice guy, his face does not fit so good luck to him
  • Options
    not official yet is it?
  • Options
    Paul Benson at Charlton. Right player at wrong time. I wish him well. With hindsight it seems prising him away from the daggers where he was idolised and then finding him as surplus to requirements under a new regime at Charlton is very sad.
  • Options
    I also wish him well, my favourite Benson moment being the winning goal at Carlisle in the last minute. He always seemed to try hard, didn't always get the support he needed and I hope he does very well at Swindon.
  • Options
    10 goals in 32 apps, mostly while playing in last seasons team; often being asked to play an unfamiliar role..

Sorry Benno, I don't get it either - thought you should be given a chance at least as understudy to BWP in this seasons team.

Good luck, pal
  • Options

sent him all regards this morning

good luck paul start to enjoy being a footballer again

• Options
    Paul Benson at Charlton. Right player at wrong time. I wish him well. With hindsight it seems prising him away from the daggers where he was idolised and then finding him as surplus to requirements under a new regime at Charlton is very sad.

very true ... good luck to him
  • Options
    All the best Paul, good player.
  • Options
    has he actually gone yet?? i cant find anything confirming it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of CP's errors playing Euell in front of him? Can't help feeling there is an untold story. He is a proven, goalscorer and a better forward than when he joined us. Wholehearted trier and conducted his exile like a pro especially as he has a media outlet.
  • Options
    I wish him well but would not be unhappy if we still see him in a Charlton shirt.  He's a smart player - sure, no pace, but great anticipation (5th goal at P'boro which he lays on for Martin) & some strikes of real quality (winner at Carlisle is as good as 'good' Torres).  Never got the chance to show what he could do for us in a good team with decent service, esp Green given past history.
  • Options
    Good luck paul, if confirmed.

Really liked the guy and a good player but as said wrong time.  I hope he can resurrect his career again as would hate to think we messed it up for him permanently.

• Options
    Very sorry to see him not given the chance.  Good luck.
  • Options
    I agree with the sentiments on here - felt he was not given a fair crack of the whip really. Should we keep him in case a) BWP gets injured or b) BWP goes to a Championship club in the transfer window? I'd say "yes" to that. Still, it's not my decision.
  • Options
    If he is gone, wish him all the best! lots of respect for benson
  • Options
    Regardless of whether the deal goes through or not I've felt very sorry for him this season. Didn't he score in his one start, against Championship opposition? Seems he made it clear he wasnted to be starting and Powell decided he would rather play happy squad members. I hope Benno sees out his career playing, it's just a shame he has to do it with McCormack again
  • Options
    Benno, you're a top bloke. Thanks for all the laughs and , if you do move, hope it works out for you with PdC.
  • Options
    Score some vital goals last season, Carlise, Colchester and Plymouth in particular, wish him all the best, good move for him especially with McOxo offering a lift
  • Options
    Sorry it didn't work out.
    All the best. Hope you get a medal at Swindon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Benno, yes we do remember you (players Xmas Vid). If you go, all the best. Never heard a bad word said about you. Best of luck you deserve it.
  • Options
    He's going to a decent little club with big ambitions. Good luck Paul Benson.
  • Options
    Again, have I missed something here?

I could be wrong, but I could've sworn this thread had already been done at least once before.

• Options
    Not my favorite player but tried hard when others didn't unlike others.

it just didn't work out for him here so good luck to him at Swindon.  
  • Options
    good luck to the fella
  • Options
    I feel he could have done a job for us but CP sees him every day in training and he knows best. Good luck to you Paul.
  • Options
    Good luck, Benno.

• Options
    Good luck Paul.  Hope you hit the ground running and fire Swindon back into League One!
  • Options
    Benno is a top bloke!! Hope it all works out for him at Swindon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck Benno under used and under rated deserved better.