Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No wonder he can motivate the players...

WSSWSS
edited February 2007 in General Charlton
reading this motivated me for the West Ham game so imagine the effects Pards must have on the players...

"Losing a game 1-0 is not nice for home fans, regardless of the opposition, but they would not leave us alone - they just kept encouraging us to win the game.

"We cannot possibly lose that feeling. If we lose that between now and the end I think it's over for us. That power, that heart, will be just as key as Darren."

Comments

• Options
    He's the Mut's Nuts!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I take it that is from Mr "does your missus know your hear" pardew.

Very good at bigging up the crowd is alan (pardew that is, not "we need to start getting 3 pointers" curbishley).

edit: D'oh, just read your post properly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortain[/cite]I take it that is from Mr "does your missus know your hear" pardew.

Very good at bigging up the crowd is alan (pardew that is, not "we need to start getting 3 pointers" curbishley).

He'll come out before the game Mortain saying "A premiership club is going to win this game, why can't it be us?"
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    LOL, so true !
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    He'll come out before the game Mortain saying "A premiership club is going to win this game, why can't it be us?"

It beats curbishleys past 6 post match press conferences:

After beating Man Utd we drew at Fulham when I thought we could have nicked it. The most damaging games were Portsmouth & Man City. We didn’t take points when we might have expected to. We took one against Fulham. We can’t hide from the fact that it’s been a poor run.

After beating Man Utd and drawing at Fulham I was looking for the lift off against Portsmouth and Man City but we didn’t get it. Fulham, it might have come.

We’ve beaten Arsenal and Man Utd then Portsmouth and Man City beat us here. Those were big games that would have given us a lift if we’d won them

We beat Man Utd, got a draw at Fulham then we came back here and expected to get something against Portsmouth & Man City

We got the result against Man Utd and did ok against Fulham but if you’re not at it all the time, you lose to Portsmouth or Man City then you’re back in it again.
  • Options
    Did Portsmouth and Man City beat you at home by any chance?
  • Options
    They did, when we really should have expected some points from the games to give us a lift.
    We got a point at fulham when we could have got 3, and beat man u and arsenal at home.
  • Options
    thanks for clearing that up mate. never realised. ;-)
  • Options
    that made me laugh...........

Very dry.....