Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackberry Playbook

Blackberry Playbooks are currently on sale @ Currys & Carphone Warehouse.

Has anybody got one, or know if they are any good ?
The saving is huge on the original price, but if they're no good...

Comments

• Two bob. Don't bother. BB is dead in the water as a going concern - the playbook was their attempt to claw back some market share from Apple but it has failed dismally, and will probably be sheleved next year when RIM is broken up. The Galaxy Tab looks nice, but suffers from a lack of useful apps (just like the iPad). If you just want something to browse the internet from the sofa (pretty much what most people use it for 90% of the time), then wait a month and get an Acer Iconia. Nicest tablet I've played with (had a bunch of them on early-release trial a while back) and it's likely to be about half the price of an ipad
  • Thanks Leroy.

Might be one to avoid, then...
  • Thanks Leroy.

Might be one to avoid, then...
    I dunno. Ask all the appletards on here, they'll probably tell you to take anything I say with a pinch of salt.
  • cheers mate bought my daughter one on xmas eve for £169. She was gobsmacked and absolutely loves it, but heyho she's a kid and I know fuck all about computers.
  • currently on the playbook now....
    its good if you have a bb and traveling for reading emails/web browsing etc rather than looking at the small bb screen

not as good for apps as ipad but not really what work purchased them for
    no complaints from me with the playbook