Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC - Team of model pro's nice guys

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
have to had played for us in the prem.

matty holland
chris powell

anymore?

Comments

• Options
    dennis rommedahl(always polite enough to acknowledge the travelling contingent)
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited February 2007
    Leaburn.

Oh, just re-read that. Duh!
  • Options
    kishishev.

always around the ground chatting to fans. he was outside the club shop last week talking for ages to people who cared to speak to him.

also seen him behind the west stand when i took my dad to a buffet thing for a pre-season friendly. he was injured but mingling with everyone for a couple of hours even when the game started.
  • Options
    top man!!!
  • Options
    Sacha Illic in goal.

A bit of liability after the injury, but an alround good egg, who seemed genuinely please as punch to of 'made it'.

Often seen chatting to fans in Greenwich bars
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Sacha Illic in goal.

he used to pester my sister in those greenwich bars a bit of nonce but aren't we all;-)
  • Options
    Kish is a top bloke and actually loves it at Charlton and really does care, have met him a couple of times.
  • Options
    Lee Boywer ?

Oh.....
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Nurse! Nurse!

My pills! People are being nice about Kish:-)

I'd add Steve Brown to the list along with Keith Jones.
  • Options
    Darren Bent is a smashing lad as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    graham stuart
  • Options
    S what we got

Illic

?
    Brown
    ?
    Powell

Kish
    Stuart
    Holland
    K Jones

D Bent
    ?
  • Options
    Stick John Humphrey in the back 4. Based purely on his performance during, after and before city addicks.

Seemed a gent.
  • Options
    Andy Hunt, he plays up front
  • Options
    richard ruuuuuuuuuuufus
  • Options
    John Barnes, for the brief period he was at the club, I remember him signing literally hundreds of autographs in the car park, then tore Liverpool apart without really leaving the centre circle.

Top guy, great player.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Top guy, great player.

Sadly banned for this list due to a luminous green jacket.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Sacha Illic in goal.

A bit of liability after the injury, but an alround good egg, who seemed genuinely please as punch to of 'made it'.

yep, saw him up at old trafford one year a couple of years after he stopped playing for us, and had a spare ticket and gave it to a charlton fan who was standing outside and couldnt get one himself.

saw the bloke pleased as punch to not only get in, but to sit next to sasa. the friendly giant.
  • Options
    stuart balmer.

when he was at wigan, he sorted out tickets for me in the wigan end at the autoglass final against the spanners.

my greatest 2nd best moment at wembley, walking back down wembley way i was the only one smiling amongst 50,000ish scaffolders (the 7,998 wigan fans were watching their team lift the cup).

RODGERS IN THE LAST MINUTE.
  • Options
    You've all forgotten, Keith One Club Peacock!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]You've all forgotten, Keith One Club Peacock!!!

Keith didn't PLAY for us in the Premiership though.

We're talking Prem players.
  • Options
    Rufus
  • Options
    oopps sorry - just seen he's been mentioned
  • Options
    Len, where does this thread say "premiership" ?

Others have mentioned Keith Jones and Balmer, neither of whom played for us in the prem.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Len, where does this thread say "premiership" ?

Others have mentioned Keith Jones and Balmer, neither of whom played for us in the prem.

Rose And Crown's introductory post:

"have to had played for us in the prem.

matty holland
    chris powell

anymore?"

Keith Jones played in the Prem for us in 98/99, the relegation year for sure.

I'm less sure on Balmer but THINK he came on as a sub once or twice the same season.
  • Options
    Well Len, I stand corrected on the Prem bit and on Keith Jones. I should learn not to trust my eyes and my memory...:-)
    In my defence over Jones, I was out of the area for much of the season and couldn't get to many games due to work commitments, however having checked, he played quite a few times. Balmer never did, as far as I can see. He was an unused sub against Arsenal at home, Man U away and Derby at home.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Balmer never did, as far as I can see. He was an unused sub against Arsenal at home, Man U away and Derby at home.

i hold my hands up.
    i never read the 1st post properly.
  • Options
    I think the Ist post was wrong!!!!.........:-)
  • Options
    Jones played in 20 odd games and scored the winner v Liverpool in the first prem season; Balmer left at the end of the 1st promotion season I think.
  • Options
    Mark Kinsella

(are you lot MAD!!!)