Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

matty Holland

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
think matty deserves some praise, he was quite offen given alot stick on her and Net Addicks, put his performance and espically his attidude has been top class and am really please pards has gone on record to say just that.

well done matty model pro and a great example for the kids to look up to.

Comments

• Options
    totally agree , top fella and a rare gentleman in todays game which is littered with a loada prima donnas
  • Options
    got to be due a goal hasn't he?
  • Options
    yep how about a last minute winner agains westham?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]think matty deserves some praise, he was quite offen given alot stick on her and Net Addicks, put his performance and espically his attidude has been top class and am really please pards has gone on record to say just that.

well done matty model pro and a great example for the kids to look up to.

Completely agree. I was one of those giving him some (mild) stick and am quite happy to go on record to say that, in my view, he really has stepped up to the plate in the last few months. Well done Matty - a model pro.

(Howerever, the cynic in me is saying "amazing the improvement in performance that can be had when a contract is coming to an end" - a la Shaun Bartlett that time. Just goes to show that a "hungry" player is more likely to up his game than someone who has just signed a nice comfortable new deal.)
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I was wondering this, Matt in particulars performance has improved immeasurably since Pardew came in, in fact I cannot recall another player in recent history making such a drastic improvement mid-season.

A spurs mate of mine says Mido was quality for them when on loan, since he has secured a 'full time' contract he has been cack, anyone see a pattern emerging..?
  • Options
    he's alright in a three, but not much cop in a central two anymore. No disrespect to him though.
  • Options
    I've criticised him for going missing during games in the past and also not tackling.

He has definitely improved in both departments since the arrival of Pardew and I'm pleased to acknowledge that.
  • Options
    And he has even got booked!

Seriously- like nearly everyone says, credit where it's due- Well done Matty!