Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CPS authorise Terry to be prosecuted

WSSWSS
edited December 2011 in Other Football and Sports

Worth a thread on its own?

Terry to appear before West London magistrates on 1 February 2012

Comments

• edited December 2011
    "I've seen that there's a lot of comments on the internet with regards to some video footage of me during the game.

I'm
    disappointed that people have leapt to the wrong conclusions about the
    context of what I was seen to be saying to Anton Ferdinand. I would
    never say such a thing, and I'm saddened that people would think so."

He must be even more ''saddened''  that the CPS don't believe his saintly protestation that he ''would never say such a thing''.   If he is found guilty, he will stand convicted both as a racist and a liar.

• "I've seen that there's a lot of comments on the internet with regards to some video footage of me during the game.

I'm disappointed that people have leapt to the wrong conclusions about the context of what I was seen to be saying to Anton Ferdinand. I would never say such a thing, and I'm saddened that people would think so."

He must be even more ''saddened''  that the CPS don't believe his saintly protestation that he ''would never say such a thing''.   If he is found guilty, he will stand convicted both as a racist and a liar.

So he's guilty then?
  • I don't think that there is going to be any chance of a fair hearing in this case
  • edited December 2011
    "I've seen that there's a lot of comments on the internet with regards to some video footage of me during the game.

I'm disappointed that people have leapt to the wrong conclusions about the context of what I was seen to be saying to Anton Ferdinand. I would never say such a thing, and I'm saddened that people would think so."

So he's guilty then?
    Please read it propery : ''if he is found guilty, he will stand convicted both as a racist and a liar.''

It's not hard; nothing to do with Uruguayan slang terms or anything like that; just basic English!
  • Anyone know what sort of punishment, sentence he could get if found guilty and what he he is being charged with?
  • It'll be down to a battle of the lip readers ..
  • Anyone know what what he is being charged with?
    a racially aggravated public order offence
  • Maximum penalty for this if found guilty, £2,500
  • ....or misunderstood? ;0)
  • oh and it can't go to jury, it's a magistrates decision 
  • Sponsored links:

• Maximum penalty for this if found guilty, £2,500
    But if found guilty in court, the FA will then have to do him for at least another £40k and a long ban, a la Suarez...
  • Anyone know what sort of punishment, sentence he could get if found guilty and what he he is being charged with?
    talking and walking with intent to cause a riot, and using racially aggravated insulting language with intent to cause a breach of the peace ... if these are not already on the statute book, they soon will be .. maximum sentence ? ..... life with no parole
  • "I've seen that there's a lot of comments on the internet with regards to some video footage of me during the game.

So he's guilty then?
    Please read it propery : ''if he is found guilty, he will stand convicted both as a racist and a liar.''

It's not hard; nothing to do with Uruguayan slang terms or anything like that; just basic English!

I most certainly did read it properly......I am guided by your tone when you said "his saintly protestations"....I'd say from that (A) You don't like him and (B) You either think he is or at the very least hope he is guilty.

Speaking for myself, I don't know one way or the other.

• FA won't be able to act until after the court case then.
  • Thinks he's a king, biggest tosser in football.

Steven Gerrard runs a close second.
  • He'll get 'Toure'd' by dragging the case out until April, the FA will then get involved and ban him for 4 months from 1 May...
  • IF found guilty would he go to Euro 2012?
  • He can kiss goodbye to his England career.
  • IF found guilty would he go to Euro 2012?
    Up to the FA/Capello.
  • I don't think the jury's out on whether or not Terry's a liar. I think his wife could already testify to that.
  • Sponsored links:

So he's guilty then?

I most certainly did read it properly......I am guided by your tone when you said "his saintly protestations"....I'd say from that (A) You don't like him and (B) You either think he is or at the very least hope he is guilty.

I think you make inferences far too glibly.  I don't ''hope'' for anything other than justice.

The CPS says there is sufficient evidence  to prosecute and that  there is a case to answer. The law will now take its course and  my only ''hope''  is that Terry gets his just deserts. That means exoneration if  he is  innocent and  zero tolerance  if found guilty.
  • He will be doing chelski and England a favour if he gets a ban. He is shite.

Total twat aswell
  • why hasnt Juerez (sic) been charged by the Obill?
  • Poor John. It couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

:-) 

• Poor John. It couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

:-) 

Good job he's England captain , i'm sure he paints our country in a good light.
  • I don't think that there is going to be any chance of a fair hearing in this case
    Bothered ;-)

So so so looking forward to giving him a rousing welcome to WHL tomorrow night lol
  • Nothing to do with this case, but I think it's because of the likes of Terry, Ashley Cole, Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, Defoe, Gerrard that some supporters have lost the passion for supporting England. All of them have been guilty of bad behaviour & in most cases on more than one occasion.
  • I didn't mean it like that mate ,.I reckon it will get thrown out due to there not being a fair trial

He will either be found not guilty or it will all go out the window

I might be going tomoz and I will give him some myself
  • Its only going to a magistrates court and the offical line is that mgistrates (the same as judges) can not be biased and therefore can not be called into question.

British justice at its best!