Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wrestling.

Any lifers watch?

If so what u think of it nowa days?

Comments

• It's absolute shit. It's always been absolute shit. It will continue to be absolute shit.
  • I saw summerslam 92 at Wembley stadium when I was 9, I loved it back then. 
  • It's absolute shit. It's always been absolute shit. It will continue to be absolute shit.

• I enjoy it
  • It's not really for adults, lets face it.
  • Never been the same since giant haystacks v Big (shirley) Daddy in the days of World of Sport on sat afternoons...........

So, like Ambrose says...........It's absolute shit. It's always been absolute shit. It will continue to be absolute shit.
  • Pretty sure anyone that was interested in Wrestling as a kid has "graduated" to Boxing or MMA by now...
  • Any lifers watch?

If so what u think of it nowa days?
    If you do you might like this.

http://bryandanielson.net/2011/12/its-strange/

It's a horrible form of entertainment with many deaths and tragedies, far far more than any other form of entertainment and no one will ever do anything to help these people because it's apparently a kid show and has other stigmas attached it for being fake. No unions for the wrestlers no help for them or charities and no respect.
  • World of Sport is on Movies for Men chanel on Sky at various times.

I watched Mick (not the ears) McManus yesterday , he beat Iron Fist by throwing out the ring.

It was bad, very bad. So bad I watch it for 30 minutes.

• My favourite sport bar none
  • Sponsored links:

• Wrestling in the late nineties/early noughties was ok...... (I was 10!) The likes of The Rock, Triple H, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley, Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair. Looking into it now, apparently they have made it a PG show and made it much more mainstream, so I'm guessing it appeals to kids even more.

I know it is fake, I always did know, but it's not meant to be like watching sport, it's more like a drama or a soap but based in the squared circle instead of Albert Square
    This
  • it's not a sport, it's a 'sort of' entertainment show for kids
  • I used to watch it on Saturday mornings with a hangover, mainly for the birds. Have to say though, regardless of how staged the matches are (and how pathetic the storylines) some of the stuff those guys do is nothing short of amazing.

It's also staggering to see the list of dead wrestlers, many of whom I watched back in the day. Only a few have died through in-the-ring injuries. Most have either popped off due to the strain on their systems from pumping themselves full of steroids, or have OD'd on booze, drugs, painkillers etc due to the need to continue working with injuries that most people would be in hospital with.
  • I used to watch it on Saturday mornings with a hangover, mainly for the birds. Have to say though, regardless of how staged the matches are (and how pathetic the storylines) some of the stuff those guys do is nothing short of amazing.

It's also staggering to see the list of dead wrestlers, many of whom I watched back in the day. Only a few have died through in-the-ring injuries. Most have either popped off due to the strain on their systems from pumping themselves full of steroids, or have OD'd on booze, drugs, painkillers etc due to the need to continue working with injuries that most people would be in hospital with.
    Good post.
  • I remember the day I found out it wasnt real. I remember watching big daddy and giant haystacks on a saturday afternoon. I loved it. Then I found out it was all fake. I've hated it ever since.
  • Used to quite enjoy the WOS show with Kent Walton.  I knew that some of it was fixed, but felt other bouts were genuine.  Used to love the Royal Brothers.

All the big stadium American stuff leaves me stone cold.  Some of the fighting might be ok, but all those yanks ranting - not my idea of fun.
  • I know it IS fake (staged) however the athletism of the superstars and the way they put their bodies on the line week after week, the fact that there is REAL injuries and even deaths due to putting on a staged show cannot be disputed.

I am not ashamed to admit that I watch Raw and Smackdown and the PPV's I enjoy it as does my husband I also enjoy Eastender and Home and Away, they are also acting. 
  • OOOhhh Yeahhhhhh
  • Wrestlers are a bunch of jabronis

;)
  • Sponsored links:

• I know it IS fake (staged) however the athletism of the superstars and the way they put their bodies on the line week after week, the fact that there is REAL injuries and even deaths due to putting on a staged show cannot be disputed.

I am not ashamed to admit that I watch Raw and Smackdown and the PPV's I enjoy it as does my husband I also enjoy Eastender and Home and Away, they are also acting. 

Good comparison, about the same amount of acting talent on display with all three... 
  • My 8 year old likes it but even he Finds it silly at times. I like watching the Royal Rumble just for the theatre.
  • Wrestlers are a bunch of jabronis

;)
    ?
  • OOOhhh Yeahhhhhh

Spot the Macho Man fan!

• Only a few have died through in-the-ring injuries.
    Ouch!
  • My boys are 8 and 11 and although they used to love it, they've grown out of it. About time. That's my view on it.
  • Les Kellet v Kendo Nagasaki.  Now that's real fake wrestling.  Happy days.
  • Some interesting views.

Ambrose, set a positive tone.

For me I enjoy watching it, i know it's fake etc but it is a soup in a ring. And entertaining at that.
  • edited December 2011
    OOOhhh Yeahhhhhh

classic
  • Macho man vs Dick van dyke

In a cage fight!