Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite moment of Christmas.

Comments

• Options
    Dizzle, I share your pain. Sounds scarily similar to my Christmas. I thought we'd done alright this year as we were going to my parents Xmas Day and her's on Boxing Day. Not too painful for either of us. But no, we have to go to her parents on Xmas Eve too now so she can go to sodding Midnight Mass with her god-bothering Mother, which means we'll have to stay down there and drive back in the morning, get home for a couple of hours before going out to my parents and then do it all again the next fucking day!

AAARRRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    One of my favourite part of Christmas has already happened, putting up the Christmas tree which is full of decorations we have bought on our holidays and some old one which bring back happy memories. \When we put up the tree we listen to Christmas music - this year Kate Rusby and then follow with a sherry = bliss

• Options
    I love the idea of it all more than the reality of it i think as i'm normally a bit rough by xmas day so although i love seeing the kids open their presents, i'd say the post dinner game playing is best as i'm a bit more 'cosy' after a dinner and booze top up. 
  • Options
    My boys are just too young, next year it will proper kick in, so for now the best bits are probably satsumas. Or parsnips.
  • Options

My daughter opening her presents, Christmas dinner and playing monopoly after a few beers in the evening.. Will be my Dad's last Christmas this year so all the family are going round there and the brother in law has offered to cook (I usually do) so we don't have to bother

Oh and the pleasure of farting out all the sprouts and parsnips later in the evening!!

• Options

days off work

• Options
    Christmas dinner with the family is the best dinner of the year. unfortunately my other half goes back to the homeland for xmas so the rest is very quiet
  • Options
    Christmas is all about the kids (even though mine are 17, 15 ,14)

My kids live with their mum, but we had Christmas last Sunday, a traditional Xmas day, it was a great day, but its the best bit over for me though cos I don't see them on the actual day.

My partner does a really good Christmas, however when you don't see your kids on Christmas day it makes Christmas redundant and I cant wait for it to be over. Miserable sod I know but thats the reality!

The other good bit was beating Chelski on boxing day a few years back!!!
  • Options

little girl opening her presents, she's 4 and a half now and is going crazy counting down the days....great to see her so excited.

no idea how to do the link, but if you have little kids then look at portablenorthpole.tv and do the Santa video thing, she absolutely loved it and fell for it hook line and sinker

• Options
    Yes mate , thats definitely worth doing . My son was nt too happy being on the naughty list though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I enjoyed christmas day a lot more before I started going out and getting crunk on christmas eve. Not that it has ever stopped me going out and getting crunk on christmas eve.

I see this as a very english problem.
  • Options
    You've had the turkey dinner, you've settled down on the settee, chopped up a line of lemsip, poured yourself a large glass of night nurse and got a hanky full of chloroform at the ready. The real fire is roaring and in quick succession you do the lot and wake up next day - mother in law has gone home and you've got a full programme of football and your own family round to enjoy it with.
  • Options
    The End
    This. Hate it with a passion - have always hated it. Even as a kid. I think if you don't have children yourself, and/or aren't religious, Christmas is pointless.
  • Options
    My boys are just too young, next year it will proper kick in, so for now the best bits are probably satsumas. Or parsnips.

Jeeezus AFKA. IT'S CHRISTMAS have both ;0)
  • Options
    Jeeezus AFKA. IT'S CHRISTMAS have both ;0)
    Yes, even if you don't eat them, you can make a great piece of art out of 2 satsumas and a parsnip that will offend the mopther in law!
  • Options
    family
  • Options
    I love everything about Christmas , the kids are all excited , the food , the booze , the TV , the board games , the music , the decorations , the clearing up , the batteries missing out of the toys , the mess , the unwanted presents , the dustmen not coming for days , the dog licking my nuts , the dog nicking the chocolates off the tree , the unopened doors on the advent calendar , the bulb not working on the fairy lights , everything !
    Strange!!!

I guess Christmas doesn't come so quickly for some of us.
  • Options
     Pulling the crackers at the dinner table.

And wearing those stupid plastic CROWNS.
    Kids of today, just don't know how easy they've got it.  Plastic crowns.  Plastic!  We had to make do with a paper hat in the middle of the road.
  • Options

We still put out a glass of port and a mince pie for Santa and a carrot for Rudolph, even though our daughter is now 18. Just before we go to bed I scoff the mince pie, being sure to leave some crumbs, skull the port and take a chunk out of the carrot. Then my wife runs around shaking some sleigh bells. That sets us up for the big day.

We also dicovered the NORAD tracking of Santa a few years ago so we take a look at that to see how the old fellow is keeping up.

I love Christmas, I hope the ABC here in Oz are not going to wait too long to show the Doctor Who special.

• Options

We still put out a glass of port and a mince pie for Santa and a carrot for Rudolph, even though our daughter is now 18. Just before we go to bed I scoff the mince pie, being sure to leave some crumbs, skull the port and take a chunk out of the carrot. Then my wife runs around shaking some sleigh bells. That sets us up for the big day.

We also dicovered the NORAD tracking of Santa a few years ago so we take a look at that to see how the old fellow is keeping up.

I love Christmas, I hope the ABC here in Oz are not going to wait too long to show the Doctor Who special.

I'm assuming u go to all that trouble for the mrs who still believes in Santa? Or the daughter?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Favourite Christmas memory was receiving a handwritten card from Gordon Watson. Lovely gesture.
  • Options
    Something tells me there is a hell if a lot about kilaharahales 18 year old daughters life that he doesn't know about !

Good luck to you mate, love the soppiness of tradition
  • Options
    Christmas dinner hands down!
  • Options
     Pulling the crackers at the dinner table.

And wearing those stupid plastic CROWNS.
    Kids of today, just don't know how easy they've got it.  Plastic crowns.  Plastic!  We had to make do with a paper hat in the middle of the road.

Sorry i meant paper ... :)
  • Options
    AFKABartram Quote

Top of the pops Christmas special

I say, I say, kindly leave the Stage !
  • Options
    what olly said, my ben is 3 in jan and this is the first year he really knows about farther christmas, i pull him up when he says santa is comming, tell him santa is for the american boys and girls but we have the best one who is called farther christmas.. he already keeps asking how many sleeps till christmas, and cant wait to crack open his advent calender. he asked farther christmas for a charlton kit!!! without any pressure by me at all, just he sees me at home in mine and in his words he wants to be like daddy.. Cant wait to see his face when he comes downstairs christmas morning and sees what farther christmas has left for him.

the best bit for me, is when the dinner is finished, belt undone buttons undone let the belly hang out on the sofa chill for a bit.
  • Options
    Top of the pops Christmas special
    Top of the Pops Christmas Special to broadcast ‘lost’ David Bowie footage tonight (BBC Two, 7.30pm
  • Options
    edited December 2011

when i was little santa used to leave a fully scoffed madras and an empty can of stella by the fireplace. - rudolph still had a bit of the carrot though!
  • Options
    Thanks Adam, I knew it was due to be broadcast soon, didn't realise it was tonight
  • Options
    I love it when the CL Admin team wish everyone a happy Christmas