Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Double Glazers

edited December 2011 in Not Sports Related
Can anyone recommend a good local (Mottingham) double glazer? Getting a whole house done, obviously looking for decent price but quality/reliability just as important. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2011
    anyone else think that Palace had won 2 games on the spin when they read the title?
  • Options
    I'll keep that in mind Stone thanks for the help ;-)
  • Options
    I thought they'd gone 2 up but then looked at the clock!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=tolland%20glass&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.allinlondon.co.uk%2Fdirectory%2F1116%2F60809.php&ei=tZXvTsOtAYyA8gOil_mPBg&usg=AFQjCNHHWMJtmjoqY0_ZlSFyJbsvyZN2Ow

I used Tolland Glass in Well Hall Road, just before the old cinema (that row of shops that sit back from the road). Used them because my old boss from work, Bernard bought the business about 6 years ago. Had all windows done about 3 years ago & had no probs.

I knocked him down to about £8k for the whole house, 3 bed semi. Play them off against each other & drive the price right down. Winter is best time, because they are more desperate for the business.

Everest my first quote was £23k. Tolland and another bid each other down from about £11k to £8k in the end. I was totally honest and said I was happy with both companies & would go for whoever would do it the cheapest.

• Options
    Cheers CE I'll get a quote from them. Yeah am staying clear of the big firms like Everest because of the ridiculous initial quotes like that and sales patter.
  • Options
    hi mate , just had some windows and door fitted at our cricket club, great company on avery hill road done a good job
  • Options
    Who ever you get to do it, make sure they have Fensa reg. otherwise you will need to get planning permission to change the windows
  • Options
    Thanks will check out Avery Windows, and yeah will do GA ta.
  • Options
    We got ours done by SEHBAC. Second time we have used them, very good
  • Options
    We used Sidcup Windows and they charged us about £6.5k for a 3 bed semi in Welling including a HUGE set of French doors (which in hindsight are a little too big but we wanted them at the time) and the work was quick, efficient and a good standard. They are FENSA registered etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers, £6.5k sounds good.
  • Options
    I used a company called Unique Windows they are a father and son team really great, clean, reasonable and reliable also FENSA registered