Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rochdale sack manager

League One strugglers Rochdale have sacked manager Steve Eyre and his assistant Frankie Bunn.

Eyreimage has been in charge for 27 games since taking over on the 18th June, winning just six times, with 13 defeats and eight draws.Dale are currently third from bottom of League One, with 18 points from their opening 21 games, and are one point from safety.Their next game is away at Tranmere on Boxing Day and youth team manager Chris Beech will take charge of first team affairs until further notice.Rochdaleimage chairman Chris Dunphy told the club's official website: "This has been a very difficult decision for my fellow directors and I because Steve and Frankie are really nice people and we have enjoyed working with them."Unfortunately we haven't got the results we had all hoped and worked for."I genuinely and sincerely want to thank Steve and Frankie for their services to Rochdale Football Club and wish them all the best for the future."