Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIGHT OF THEIR LIVES

On ITV tonite about Benn & McClennan fight should be a good watch

Comments

• Options
    its tomorrow night mate looking forward to it
  • Options

OOPS still be a good watch

• Options
    Well........

I like NSS saying its tonight....But.....I also like Mike saying tomorrow night..............

Theres only 1 way to find out.....................................................................check the times.
  • Options

It was one of the most brutal fights i had ever watched, the hype and build up with regards to what McClennan said he was going to do to ben, was way over the top,

If i remember rightly, McClennan nearly knocked Benn out of the ring in the early rounds, only for Benn to respond like a man fighting for his life and absolutely brutalise McClennan

I honsetly thought one man would die in that ring that night,

They have never shown that fight again to my knowledge

set the sky plus up for this it should be a great programme

• Options

There's a documentary on You Tube on this fight which must be pretty similar.

McClennan lives at home with 24x7 care provided by his family, he is almost totally blind and deaf and remembers only fragments of his career.

Setting aside the horrific injuries suffered by McClellan this was the bravest performance by a British boxer that I have ever seen, Benn was knocked OUT OF THE RING by McClellan and yet somehow got up, hung on with sheer heart and then somehow found the willpower to turn the fight around.

McClellan was like the football team that 3-0 up at half-time think the game is won and then can do nothing but watch as the other team storm back in the second half and win 4-3, they can't react because mentally they have switched off.

Extraordinary fight and Benn should never have fought again after this fight, after the wars with Watson, Eubank et al he had nothing left after this.

• Options
    If that fight had not ended as tragically as it did, it would have been repeated a lot, as it was a great boxing match. I remember seeing Benn knocked to pieces and through the ropes out of the ring into the crowd. Wasn't Bruno and Hamed at ringside, with Bruno banging on the canvas encourgagin Benn to use his jab?
  • Options
    Best fight I have ever seen.
    I've still got the original recording on VHS tape somewhere!
  • Options
    Benn was a amazing fighter,what happened was a terrible thing,my heart goes out to Mcclellan and also Benn and the other fighters such as paul ingle 
  • Options
    What channel & time is this on? This was a brutal fight.
  • Options

Was in the first round I think when Benn was through the ropes.

Remember my mate saying there was something wrong with McClellan when he was blinking a lot and pushing his gum shield out of his mouth between periods of action. Brutal, brutal fight.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Eubank V Watson was an amazing fight. We'll never see that again either.

Another fav of mine was Tony Sibson V Kevin Finnegan

• Options
    kaylor v christie was a great one
  • Options
    Of all the boxing I've watched over the years, that fight is THE fight I'll never forget.
    How Benn got throught that 1st round onslaught I'll never know.  When he went through the ropes, he got a 9 count.  True grit.
  • Options
    Great fight. Like a real-life Rocky movie. Benn was my all-time favourite boxer. Maybe not technically the best but wasn't afraid to go toe-to-toe with anyone.
  • Options
    What channel & time is this on? This was a brutal fight.
    ITV tonight at 10.35pm...tragic outcome, but one of the best fights I have ever seen.