Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Socrates - only 57

After Gary Speed another football great dies - only 57 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16017071.stm

Comments

• Options
    That sucks ... Loved that guy ....
  • Options
    RIP I remeber him playing for some Yorkshire non league a couple of years ago , as others have said no age at all.
  • Options
    RIP I remeber him playing for some Yorkshire non league a couple of years ago , as others have said no age at all.
    Garforth Town.

• Options
    What a player,great shame, far too young RIP Dr Socrates
  • Options
    RIP a true legend in the game!
  • Options
    Amazing player, one of the smartest guys in the game, had some radical ideas about how to improve it.  Committed smoker though.
  • Options
    One of those players who,like Bobby Moore and Beckenbaur, could make the difficult look so simple. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A large part of my falling in love with football was the 1982 World Cup and I will always associate him with that.  Very sad.

RIP
  • Options
    Smoked 60 fags a day and was a piss artist of note. Guess that catches up with you in the end. Great player - remember him in 82, By God that was a great Brazil side.
  • Options
    Real character rip
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    food poisoning was the cause apparently.
  • Options
    Great great player. RIP
  • Options
    Will we have minutes of silence / applause all over Engand next weekend for him ?
  • Options
    Riiiiiight. Just like when I used to knock around with a bloke a few years back who once drank 15 pints in a day and ate only a ham sandwich - then when he spent the next morning cuddling the bog and hurling up his stomach lining, blamed it on the sandwich...
  • Options
    Will we have minutes of silence / applause all over Engand next weekend for him ?
    What a strange thing to say.
  • Options
    Riiiiiight. Just like when I used to knock around with a bloke a few years back who once drank 15 pints in a day and ate only a ham sandwich - then when he spent the next morning cuddling the bog and hurling up his stomach lining, blamed it on the sandwich...

well a ham sandwich with no mustard in it just aint right.
  • Options
    My love of football began with that 82 world cup. Remember as a kid watching a highlight video of the world cup over and over again. Brazil were my heroes, Falcao, Junior, Eder, Serginho, Oscar etc. Socrates and Zico were my favourites.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP a class act