Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford tickets 24th

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    have you ever woke up one morning and thought "maybe i'll try and be happy today"?
    I'm sorry, i do try but all this preparing for relegation is getting me down ;-(
  • Options
    Would there be a need for much extra costs ? Im sure a computer programme that adds a points tally onto a persons profile from their s/t wouldnt cost much and then manually updating the points when someone buys a ticket?

You are right there isnt much demand to justify one, however I dont think it would would cost that much to implement and would put an end to this old fashioned stub showing to get tickets. People may have lost them, I know someone who has been to 5 away games this year but only has the stub for one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]You have got to weigh up the cost of running such a system (IT development, admin costs etc) against the risk of not having a system.

In my opinion the current risk of not having a system is very slim..........as proved by Watford.

no d, because it would have sold out had there not been so many restrictions in place, i know people who are holding off so they can sit with those who were not vg. you reckon if this game had not on general sale over the phone and internet then it wouldn't have sold out??

how is it more hard work having an it system/people opening post a la west ham, surely its more expensive than paying someone from 9am till 6pm to sit on the door of a window at the valley when limited people can visit? can latimer take a day off work to get down to the valley? dont think so.....
  • Options
    IT is eye watering expensive - we only need to tweak our system and are then presented with a bill resembling a telephone number.

People will just need to learn to keep their stubs. If your friend has managed to lose four out of five stubs then I am not too sure that he would have the capacity to find Watford on the map :-)

I do get your point but also think that people are getting excited over an issue which is next to non existant.
  • Options
    Valley Gold rules OK!!!
  • Options
    It wasnt that he lost them 1905, he had thrown some away etc, left them lieing around the house. Wouldnt it be easier to simply have a system where it could be stored on the computer.

Although it would be a nightmare if it crashed and lost all the details.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]I do get your point but also think that people are getting excited over an issue which is next to non existant.
    especially for the valley gold holders eh 1905?!
  • Options
    It's not just the stubs, it's getting to the ground that causes a lot of problem, lucky for me only live 5mins away on the Cherry Orchard, so I can go on my way to work, however anyone living further afield may have to take time of work to get their ticket and that in itself is ridiculous.
  • Options
    exactly, thats why me and my friends have to wait till saturday to get our 9 together.
  • Options
    A good point made there Stu, I know a group of lads who go to every away game and live in Maidstone. I think one posts on here. I live in Bromley myself and luckily someone was able to pick up the tickets for me. Having a points system in face would work perfectly, have an ID Number and a password and beable to order your tickets online as the system will know your a st holder and if you qualified to buy a ticket as it would have your points saved on the database.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]It's not just the stubs, it's getting to the ground that causes a lot of problem, lucky for me only live 5mins away on the Cherry Orchard, so I can go on my way to work, however anyone living further afield may have to take time of work to get their ticket and that in itself is ridiculous.
    i had the afternoon off of work on monday because my old dear went into hospital and i needed to visit otherwise i would have not got them. I don't trust the postal system.

Surely for VG holders it could be done on the internet by simply entering your ST number and your VG number? Or is that too easy?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]It's not just the stubs, it's getting to the ground that causes a lot of problem, lucky for me only live 5mins away on the Cherry Orchard, so I can go on my way to work, however anyone living further afield may have to take time of work to get their ticket and that in itself is ridiculous.

Well I don't but I managed to get down there yesterday morning to get tickets as it was a priority for me and certainly not ridiculous.

We've been told all season to keep our away stubs for such an eventuality - so they go home into my sock draw!
  • Options
    I take all of your points 1905, but:

A database system, even with a website component, would not be greatly expensive compared to the information it would generate for the Club and the efficiency it would bring to supporters looking to travel away. The kind of info a database could track (what a supporter buys, when they tend to travel, where, etc) would be invaluable to the Club and it's internal (Club shop, catering etc) and external (selling ads on the big screen etc) marketing as we go forward. Ticket and stubs can't go on forever and the quicker they organise for the future the better, the deeper the roots of a database the more it says about changing trends. So, for the initial layout, a well-thought out and implemented system that could track supporter spending (and with safeguards over our info) would pay for itself in no time.