Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's the news on Kermy?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I seem to have a lasting memory of a Matt Tees bullet header rocketing off the crossbar at Elland Road I believe we ended up losing 1-0 in a cup tie I believe.
    anyone remember Pat Terry? ... more hover than a helicopter
  • Options
    Tees used to run in from outside the penalty area at corners. Virtually impossible to mark. Bought from Grimsby with Rodney Green who was pretty good in the air too.
  • Options
    Simon Webster won every single headed challenge he ever went for. FACT!   (or so I seem to remember)
  • Options
    Think he may have felt a slight twist and it makes sense to be as careful as possible.
  • Options
    how good is kerm in the air!! i never thought i would see a striker in a charlton shirt better than bartlett in the air but i do belive i have now!!
    Not better than Bartlett. Kermy is in League 1! Barts played in the prem.
  • Options
    how good is kerm in the air!! i never thought i would see a striker in a charlton shirt better than bartlett in the air but i do belive i have now!!
    Not better than Bartlett. Kermy is in League 1! Barts played in the prem.
    Agreed that Barts is a better overall player in his day but heading the ball its close.. I do remember Barts out jumping Paul Robinson and scoring when we played Leeds once
  • Options

Big Yann twisted his ankle & then a Hudds player accidentally kicked the top of his head, which is why he held both.

However, there is no doubt that Yann suffers from Didier Drogba/Nicky Bailey syndrome.  

• Options
    I's suggest in response to the thread's title the news on Kermy is that he doesn't like being called Kermit
    ... might have got that wrong but after 140 posts on the other thread my brain has gone numb
  • Options
    I think since Kermy has been here he has changed the whole dynamics of the team. I think he is immense and CP could see that.

Regarding Matt Tees. A ditty from the past.

Aye, aye, aye ayeee. Charlie is better than Yashin. And Matt Tees is better than Eusebio and Millwall are in for a thrashing.

Happy days :-)
  • Options
    As my mate sat next to me on Monday night kept saying "he hasn't lost a single ball in the air tonight"

He was immense so hope he's not out for too long
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm too young to remember Bartlett, I was thinking more like JFH
  • Options
    I'm too young to remember Bartlett, I was thinking more like JFH
    Tea >>>>> Keyboard
  • Options
    Remember our 4th round FA Cup tie at Highbury in January 1968.

Very good performance from 2nd Division Charlton, but dare I say it, just about out-gunned.

Arsenal had gone 1-0 up against the run of play, and there was Matt Tees with a terrific diving header that crashed against the post - and came out again, denying us a well deserved equaliser.

Arsenal won 2-0, of course....... but the many Charlton fans sung their heads off!
  • Options

I think Pat Terry only played 4 games for Charlton in the mid 50's.
    Went no to Gillingham, Northampton and Millwall.

Yes he was great in the air and I wish Charlton had kept him longer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think Pat Terry only played 4 games for Charlton in the mid 50's.

Went no to Gillingham, Northampton and Millwall.

Yes he was great in the air and I wish Charlton had kept him longer.
     I saw him play a time or two for Millwall. The best attacker in the air I have ever seen, admittedly against 3rd and 4th division players in the early 1960s