Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the sun

If true what is being mentioned on Twitter ref Gary speed surely that is the end of this gutter rag

Comments

• Options
    What is being said ??
    The sun digging dirt for a change ?
  • Options
    Look at the Gary speed thread ,

I stopped buying the so called paper after the phone hacking story with regards to that poor girls family millie,

If they were doing what has been alleged on Twitter then for me the paper should cease to exist and the person who authorized such a un wanted or needed story should be jailed
  • Options
    Think I should point out this is only rumour
  • Options
    That's why I said alleged mate , but I think we all know the capabilities of that rag and would put nothing past them
  • Options

whats being sad mate inbox me

• Options
    just seen it, I hope this isn't true , my initial thoughts when I heard yesterday was it could be something like this that pushed him over the edge.I truly hope not, and if true could mark the end of the sun.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I stopped buying the so called paper after the phone hacking story with regards to that poor girls family millie,
    I stopped even allowing The Sun in my house after Hillsborough, let alone actually buying it.  If my son ever came home with a copy, I always immediately threw it out together with him if he held on to it.  It didn't matter that he found it on the train; the principle is that The Sun is banned because it peddles lies and should never be allowed to prosper.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I honestly think the time has come for a dedicated paper that deals with just rumour and celebrity, they have them in the USA, then the rest of us can get down to reading about real news and sport.  Oh hang on everybody could just buy a broadsheet and see the scum papers die 
  • Options
    If it is true then Murdoch's empire is over but I find it really hard to believe , considering what's been going on with news international , that someone would sanction this story .
  • Options

Sounds like bollocks to me, no way in the world that in the middle of the Leveson inquiry that they are going to pull a stunt like that.

Feck me, if that actually was true I reckon the old bastard Murdoch would drop dead on the spot because he would know the game was up.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is the kind of rumour where you have to ask who would have known this? Answer - Gary Speed and a few Sun journos. And we're expected to believe that one of them has gone on Twatter and leaked this? Bollocks.
  • Options
    They're strongly denying it. Doubt there's truth in it. Witch hunt really
  • Options
    I don't know what's worse . The sun or Twitter.
  • Options
    It wouldn't surprise me. I don't think old man Murdoch has much of a clue as to what is going on within his empire. It is a monster that is now completely out of control.
  • Options
    It wouldn't surprise me. I don't think old man Murdoch has much of a clue as to what is going on within his empire. It is a monster that is now completely out of control.

That may have been true pre-Leveson but there has been some major management changes at NI and plenty of lines in the sand drawn - for now at least.

How many big, meaning sensitive, stories has The Sun broken since the NOTW storm? None. Its focused on nice, safe celeb bullshit like TOWIE and I'm a Celebrity.

• Options
    Doesn't affect me one way or the other as I refuse to buy it or any other tabloid come to that.

Will say though, if it is true that they were about to "out him", then (not for the first time) they have blood on their hands.
  • Options
    The truth is probably contained somewhere within Gary's mobile phone records.
    Looking at him on Football Focus, happy and completely normal, he must have received some news after the program that triggered this tragedy.
  • Options

That may have been true pre-Leveson but there has been some major management changes at NI and plenty of lines in the sand drawn - for now at least.

How many big, meaning sensitive, stories has The Sun broken since the NOTW storm? None. Its focused on nice, safe celeb bullshit like TOWIE and I'm a Celebrity.

If they were 100% certain that their story was true in every aspect and they had evidence to prove it, then I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to publish such a story. Who knows, perhaps this is why Gary decided that there was no way out.
    Pure speculation of course.
  • Options
    Can anyone help me out here. Id rather not buy the paper, but id like to know whats been said etc. If its too much to put on here can anyone inbox me or something?
  • Options
    Rumour is that one of the nags were allegedly going to print a story about him being gay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Supposedly The Sun found out Speed was gay, phoned him on Sat saying they were gonna make it front page news on Monday and there was nothing he could do about it, so he ended it. Complete rubbish IMO but that's the rumour.
  • Options
    TBH I think it is probably crap as Murdoch etc have a lot of enemies as does the paper and this rumour is harmful andthere is no way to disprove it, although saying that it could just as easily be true
  • Options

That makes me sad :(

• Options

Whilst I am not saying the "gay" rumour is true I feel the truth has yet to come out re his death.

Good looking guy, money, wife, 2 x kids, loved his job........something has tipped him over the edge and I would suspect it is not mental health problems or depression as being stated eleswhere.

• Options
    Why would they ring him up though and gloat? Don't believe this and I hope it's not true too
  • Options
    If this is the case, of course they will deny it as they would have been responsible for this outcome.

Really can't see why it would make a front page to be honest. My reaction would have been........"oh really?" before moving on with my day to day chores.

Would any of you really have a problem if it came out that CP was gay?
  • Options

i said to my mrs that it'll be an affair of some sort or gambling debts or maybe gay , something has pushed him into a horrible place

sad sad news

did justin fashanu commit suicide ?

• Options
    All fair points Tango but I think you are missing the bigger picture, Gary Speed was the manager of a national football team and as yo can see from the reaction on here and other message boards it seems it it is big news.
  • Options
    being gay in football is like being a pedeo. its the last real taboo we need to get over and open up about, the rugby guy who came out has moved on and his life is good, there must be hundreds of gay footballers throughout the english leagues, apparently 1 in 10 males are gay. we do so much for rascisim and rightly so but this is another 'taboo' we need to weed out of this world, didnt justin fashnu do the same thing? 
    I wouldnt care if any cafc player or staff member was gay, they are part of our club and therefore we get behind them 200% its 2011 ffs, i have numerous gay friends and often go out with them it dosnt bother me at all, football needs to wake up big time.
  • Options
    Hopefully this is just someone putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 trying to fill in the gaps of a tragic story that doesn't make any sense.