Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Free tickets-The Fall -IndigO2 - Thursday 24 Nov

edited November 2011 in Not Sports Related

I've got a couple of spare free tickets to see the Fall on Thursday (courtesy of Greenwich Council), if anybody would like them.  Please PM me.

I'm going to pick up the tickets at the box office at around 7.30pm, and could meet you there.  The show is supposed to start at 8.

Danny

Bump

Comments

• We are going. The show will start when Mark E. Smith decides not to an agreed timescale.
  • Damn!  If I was coming down a couple of days earlier I'd have bitten your hand off.  First saw em in 1981 after Grotesque was released. 

• will be there too
  • Review hubby liked it , I didn't. Estimated times hubby has seen the fall - 35!! Me 2 not going again ever
  • Glad your hubby liked it.  Was it all Ersatz GB, or was there some classic Fall stuff in there?
  • To be honest no idea, he did say there was some old stuff. I was stupified by the 2 hour DJ set a 16 year old played as support!
  • nearly all new stuff, couple of older numbers and sparta fc for encore. much preferred this gig to the last one I saw a year or so ago when Smith was in a wheelchair. The band seem really tight, although of course you can't understand a word that Smith sings (shouts) nowadays.

Agree about the 2 hour dj set, Jesus Christ, I wanted to pull my own eyes out and stuff them in my ears after a while. Show started at 8, The Fall didn't come on until 10 and did an hour and a quarter. I'm glad i never paid thirty quid,  but at least they turned up.

thans for the ticket Danny777 - what did you think?

• My first Fall gig, and I won't bother seeing them again.  They seem to hold their audience in contempt, not appearing on stage until 10 and only playing one hour before a minimal one song encore.  Smith didn't try to build any rapport; he didn't even introduce the other members of the band.

As you say, the band were tight.  It's a shame that you can't understand the lyrics, as that would have improved it.  From your comments, I presume that Smith used to sound much better.

And as for that 2 hour DJ set .......  Your comments are spot on.  I emailed IndigO2 about the whole thing, and they replied that they have no control over the time that acts appear on stage.  I can't believe that they don't know how to draw up a suitable contract.

Thanks for the drink, and I'm sorry that the parking made it quite an expensive evening for you.  I'm glad the forecast rain held off till after I'd cycled home.

• frank skinner was talking about the gig on sat morning, he said it was hilarious how they wheeled the dj off mid song, said it was the funniest thing he had seen at a gig for years.
  • My first Fall gig, and I won't bother seeing them again.  They seem to hold their audience in contempt, not appearing on stage until 10 and only playing one hour before a minimal one song encore.  Smith didn't try to build any rapport; he didn't even introduce the other members of the band.

As you say, the band were tight.  It's a shame that you can't understand the lyrics, as that would have improved it.  From your comments, I presume that Smith used to sound much better.

And as for that 2 hour DJ set .......  Your comments are spot on.  I emailed IndigO2 about the whole thing, and they replied that they have no control over the time that acts appear on stage.  I can't believe that they don't know how to draw up a suitable contract.

Thanks for the drink, and I'm sorry that the parking made it quite an expensive evening for you.  I'm glad the forecast rain held off till after I'd cycled home.

My mate was a big fan. I saw them with him years ago & Mark E Smith spent the whole gig singing with his back to the audience. My mate explained it as an an anti hero type thing.