Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life, Down At The Mac, Owlstalk....

Comments

• Options

He (MM) has stated that Megson will get 'considerable support' in January, by this he means some of the lones we currently have will become permanent, Marshall has already stated he wants to join us.

If we need to add more then the option is still there, we don't have to blow all the money that we will have available.

Nice quote by Kevin Lisbie btw.

Lot of trolls on here today?
  • Options

Or you could listen to one of your own!.

It was nice to hear Orient striker Kevin Lisbie being interviewed on Talksport yesterday......The interviewer asked who he thinks will win the league and his answer was...............I think Sheffield Wednesday are by far the strongest team and have more strength in depth than the rest and I expect them to kick on from here and win the league......Class Kevin 

Ooh, someone's bitter.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

| Home | Away
    Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS
    1 Charlton 20 6 3 0 23 7 8 2 1 20 8 28 47
    2 Sheffield
    Wed
    20 8 1 0 19 5 5 2 4 17 19 12 42

Thats London for ya

and the north/south divide

Team P Home Away Pts Goal
    Diff
    W D L F A W D L F A
    Charlton 20 6 3 0 23 7 8 2 1 20 8 47 28
    Sheff Wed 20 8 1 0 19 5 5 2 4 17 19 42 12
  • Options
    you bothered to do all that for some twat of a troll.
  • Options
    Sheff Wed used to be by second team before all these trolls appeared on Charlton Life.  Up the Blades!
  • Options

Sheffield Wednesday ? I shit em !  

• Options

Sheff Wed used to be by second team before all these trolls appeared on Charlton Life.  Up the Blades!

How sad do you look by that comment, second team lol.
  • Options
    Can I be the first to say: we are top of the league! Who cares what Weds fans or any other team think.
  • Options
    Thats London for ya

It's better than the dump you call Sheffield. It's okay, keep on believing you are the best and biggest team in the country you deluded bunch of tossers. Wonder what the excuse will be when you don't spend all that money in January. Oh and I thought your team was the best. Why change it if you think that. 

AT THE END OF THE DAY... who is top of the league with a five point gap. MUGS

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thats London for ya

It's better than the dump you call Sheffield. It's okay, keep on believing you are the best and biggest team in the country you deluded bunch of tossers. Wonder what the excuse will be when you don't spend all that money in January. Oh and I thought your team was the best. Why change it if you think that. 

AT THE END OF THE DAY... who is top of the league with a five point gap. MUGS

They're still f00kin massive though.
  • Options
    North /south divide indeed, Oh and I have lived in both , so I can talk, can you.
  • Options
    MASSIVE TOSSERS
  • Options
    North /south divide indeed, Oh and I have lived in both , so I can talk, can you.
    Yes, I learnt to talk when I was a baby, when did you learn? A year ago?
  • Options
    Yes, I learnt to talk when I was a baby, when did you learn? A year ago?
    Quality.
  • Options
    Thats London for ya

They're still f00kin massive though.
    This lad knows.
  • Options

Yes, been up north ............................................... it was shut.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

This is what MM actually said :-

Read it weeks ago & is of little concern. As others have said. It means MM will spend between NIL and a  further £4M by the end of the season, his words, look closely. As they are probably losing about £5M a year (like us), I take it to mean he wll continue to cover the losses and maybe have a bit to spend in January. But they ain't gonna be signing players for millions !

Sheffield Wednesday chairman Milan Mandaric has spent £16million on the club so far - and says he doesn't mind spending more.

Mandaric took over in the Owls boardroom at the end of last year, paying £7million to the club's bank and footing tax bills of around £1.4million.

Twelve months on, the club are pushing for promotion from League One, and Mandaric says he will continue putting money into the club in an effort to reach their targets.

He told the Sheffield Star: "I had to settle a lot of bills, there were also managerial contracts, plus losses during the season that we had to deal with, and there was a couple of million to bring in players.

"I have spent at least £16million already, and by the end of the season I think the total will be between £16million and £20million.

"I don't call that investment a loss because I know it is getting the club in the right direction. We are a club with ambition."

• Options
    Why not reel in all the necks and let the teams sort it out between now and the end of the season. The best team will win the league and then we will know. Simples .
  • Options
    Spoil sport   :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's funny that as soon as they gain two points on us, they come out of the woodwork. Never mind, the gap will have increased to at least seven by this time next week.
  • Options
    It's funny that as soon as they gain two points on us, they come out of the woodwork. Never mind, the gap will have increased to at least seven by this time next week.

Not so sure about that
  • Options

Who cares what the wendys do, we're 8 points from 3rd place with a better GD than anyone. Long as we keep that gap up I'm happy.

• Options

Not so sure about that

You cold have a point. Hudds will be favourites to beat you and we will certainly be favourites to gin three points versus Oldham.
  • Options
    Who would wanna be northern, ay?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Must admit I found the total mis-reading of the £20m figure by the Owls fan amusing but he who laughs last laughs longest. 

Not even half way through the season yet. Let's see who's smiling in May.

• Options
    Worst thread ever, i couldnt care less about the others we are in a great position and its in our hands FO wendys
  • Options
    They will overtake us as will utd leaving us to lose in the playoffs
  • Options

It is miles too early to be sure of anything. it is however quite funny that this thread has been dormant, but then a Sheffield Wednesday fan revives it because we got one away point yesterday, while they got three...the two point gain is really exciting for them.

We will clearly have a blip/dip/loss of form/run of dodgy results somewhere along the way, but I suspect the Owls will too. The question is, is our cushion we have built up going to protect us more than them? I don't really care what others do, it is what we do that counts, and the gap/cushion to third place is the real thing to watch, not the announcements of some dreary Wednesday fan.

• Options
    Seth.....I'd like to think we had our blip when we lost to Stevenage.