Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dulwich Hamlet FC.

Comments

• Options
    Kap10 said:

JT said:

Hamlet lost 3-2 to Concord Rangers in the Ryman League Cup final last night played at Maidstone.

I was there and at the previous one. Hamlet did pretty well considering thet Concord were from a division above them. Having led twice Hamlet were undone by a dodgy free kick decision for Concords equaliser. Concord got their noses in front early in extra time and hamlet never looked like they would get back in it.

Matt Fry was playing for hamlet, working his way back to fitness he looked like he could play a few levels higher.

@simonsen the crowd was equally disappoining last night for the League Cup Final 405.

Hamlet no. 2 lost it with the inept ref in the second period of extra time and got two yellows

I was at the 2011 final and the crowd was over 600, it was in London though that year. It was 90% Hamlet fans too....
  • Options
    Tessa Jowell ‏@jowellt
    @Southwark_News @DulwichHamletFC
    Dulwich Hamlet 5-0 Walton Casuals
    Well done Dulwich!
  • Options
    And Maidstone lost 2-1 today too Bugger!
  • Options
    Faversham beating Maidstone has all but handed it to Hamlet.

Brother scored a worldy for Folkestone today.
  • Options
    Cmon the hamlet, its in your hands now!
  • Options
    3 points up, game in hand and 4 games to go
  • Options
    Dulwich played really well yesterday and were far too good for Walton. Connor French lead the line superbly and the two wingers, Dean Lodge and Ellis Green were absolutely top-notch.
  • Options
    @CAFCTV sorry about the Matt Fry error .. yup .. playing well for Concorde
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Kap10 said:

JT said:

Hamlet lost 3-2 to Concord Rangers in the Ryman League Cup final last night played at Maidstone.

I was there and at the previous one. Hamlet did pretty well considering thet Concord were from a division above them. Having led twice Hamlet were undone by a dodgy free kick decision for Concords equaliser. Concord got their noses in front early in extra time and hamlet never looked like they would get back in it.

Matt Fry was playing for hamlet, working his way back to fitness he looked like he could play a few levels higher.

@simonsen the crowd was equally disappoining last night for the League Cup Final 405.

Hamlet no. 2 lost it with the inept ref in the second period of extra time and got two yellows

I was at the 2011 final and the crowd was over 600, it was in London though that year. It was 90% Hamlet fans too....
    Found it a lot easier to get to Maidstone than Met Police ground in 2011.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2013
    http://www.isthmian.co.uk/dulwich-take-command-13927/

Dulwich take command
    A CROWD of more than 2,000 turned up at Maidstone to see the Ryman South leaders take on play-off contenders Faversham, and they watched Stones’ title hopes suffer a potentially fatal blow as they slumped to a 2-1 defeat.

| Peter Butcher

Stones dominated without managing to break through and were stunned when Luke Harvey gave the visitors a 67th-minute lead. Matt Bourne’s own goal squared it with 11 minutes left, only for Danny Hockton to grab Faversham’s winner in the 88th minute.

Pole position now belongs to Dulwich, who crushed bottom club Walton Casuals 5-0 at Champion Hill to go three points clear with a game in hand.

Shaking off the disappointment of Tuesday’s League Cup final defeat, Dulwich went ahead through Ellis Green in the 19th minute and doubled it four minutes later with an Erhan Oztumer penalty. Conor French netted twice in ten minutes midway through the second half and Oztumer wrapped it up with his 20th goal of the season.

Beaten in the last two play-off finals, Dulwich are now well placed to gain automatic promotion this time. For Casuals, the outlook is less rosy.

Third-placed Hythe are close to booking a play-off spot after their 2-1 win at Whitstable. Two points from three games will clinch their post-season place.

Dave Cook put them ahead with a 13th-minute penalty but missed another spot-kick four minutes later, allowing Micheal Everitt to level the scores just before half-time (pictured by Les Biggs: Everitt on the left). Cook had the last word with his 24th league goal ten minutes from time.

Faversham’s victory lifted them one place to fourth and they should make sure of their play-off place as well. They are three points ahead of Ramsgate and have a game in hand.

Ramsgate, who have only two matches left, were held to a 1-1 draw at Crawley Down. Gabriel Odunaike put the hosts ahead on the hour and Warren Schulz replied five minutes later.

Folkestone moved to within a point of Ramsgate, also with only two games left, thanks to a 2-1 home win over Horsham. Johan Ter Horst, 18, continued his impressive start to his senior career with a lovely lob to open the scoring on 26 minutes and Richard Atkins added the second shortly before the break. Charlie Farmer replied with 11 minutes to go.

Leatherhead are still well placed to reach the play-offs, five points behind Ramsgate with three games in hand, but made their task more difficult by going down 1-0 at home to Burgess Hill. Max Miller scored the decisive goal after 19 minutes.

Joe Taylor's 57th-minute drive earned Sittingbourne a 1-0 home win over Eastbourne to keep their slight play-off chances alive. The visitors had Matt Crabb sent off near the end.

Three Bridges continued their amazing escape act with a 1-0 victory at Merstham. Elliott Romain netted with 11 minutes left.

Bridges were ten points adrift at the bottom in mid-February, having taken just 17 points from 29 games. They have since taken 23 points from 11 games, including six wins in their last seven, and are up to 19th, six points off the bottom.

Walton & Hersham moved up to 20th, above Horsham, in another game decided by a single goal. James Awofisan scored in the 78th minute to ease Swan’ relegation fears.

Seven teams, from 15th to 21st, are covered by two points but Walton Casuals, five points adrift with only three games to play, will have to do something special to cause concern to any of them, especially as their next fixture is at home to Maidstone. They have won only once on home territory.

The top two in that seven-team group are Corinthian-Casuals and Tooting, who slogged out a goalless draw at Tolworth to inch closer to safety.

Herne Bay need one point from five matches to be mathematically safe after their 2-2 draw at Worthing. All the goals came in the first half, with strikes by James Turner and Byron Walker for the visitors bookending Tom Lawley’s goal and Scott Kirkwood’s penalty. Worthing’s Steve Metcalf hit a post late in the game.

• Options
    Maidstone Fixtures:

Sat 20 15:00 Away Walton Casuals
    Tue 23 19:45 Away Chipstead
    Sat 27 15:00 Home Horsham

DHFC:

Tue 16th 19:45 AWAY Leatherhead
    Sat 20th 15:00 AWAY Herne Bay League
    Tue 23rd 19:45 HOME Crawley Down Gatwick
    Sat 27th 15:00 HOME Burgess Hill Town
  • Options

Maidstone Fixtures:

Sat 20 15:00 Away Walton Casuals
    Tue 23 19:45 Away Chipstead
    Sat 27 15:00 Home Horsham

DHFC:

Tue 16th 19:45 AWAY Leatherhead
    Sat 20th 15:00 AWAY Herne Bay League
    Tue 23rd 19:45 HOME Crawley Down Gatwick
    Sat 27th 15:00 HOME Burgess Hill Town

Still tight at the top and Hamlet can't afford to get complacent. Sadly I can't get to the last two home games due to work commitments, but rooting for Gary Roses Pink and Blue army
  • Options
    Im pleasantly surprised at the amount of fellow addicks that follow the Hamlet, when Ive been Ive only ever bumped into Chelsea and Palarse supporters....
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Im pleasantly surprised at the amount of fellow addicks that follow the Hamlet, when Ive been Ive only ever bumped into Chelsea and Palarse supporters....

Some of us are far, far away supporters.

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Went to see them a couple of times last season and the season before that. Haven't been this season though, I usually see them when they're playing away close to me.
  • Options
    Dulwich now need 7 points from last 3 games if Maidstone win all theirs

• Options

CAFCTrev said:

They used to be my local team. I could walk to the ground in five minutes (down the hill!).

Shame about last night's result.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great result for Maidstone last night, it still gives them hope be it very slim, but its something to cling too
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

• Options
    THIS AFTERNOON’S MATCH PREVIEW – HERNE BAY (AWAY) - Dulwich Hamlet Football Club... #dhfc

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/news/this-afternoons-match-preview-herne-bay-away-928394.html
  • Options
    C'mon The Bay !!! ;-)
  • Options
    Stone said:

C'mon The Bay !!! ;-)

Couldn't agree more. I never thought I would see the day I was cheering on Herne Bay, but today is the day that i am!!
  • Options
    Both had good wins today. Its Dulwich's to loose now. We'll be ready and waiting for that mistake.
  • Options
    Big win for Folkestone and my bro yesterday, looking like it could be Stones v Stones in the play offs, as long as Leatherhead don't win midweek.
  • Options
    Cmon the Hamlet!