Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If it hadnt had been Charlton....

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Who would you have ended up supporting an why?

Me. Probably Chelsea or Spuds. My Grandfather used to go to the Bridge before and after WWII and even my Mum had a spell going during the 60s.

Lots of my mates were Spurs fans and I they ended up being my "top flight team" during the early 80s before I got totally addickted.

Comments

• Options
    Millwall.
  • Options
    I would've probably have supported whoever my old man supported - the way it should always be!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I would've probably have supported whoever my old man supported - the way it should always be!

dont say that, my old man is millwall!

so in answer to your question dan i would of been a spanner!
  • Options
    Millwall or West Ham
  • Options
    Liverpool, purely because I grew up with that pure football genuis side in the 80's.

I would have made sure I saw them too.............I mean, I support St Helen's in the Rugby League & go all over to watch them.

Scary thought though.
  • Options
    Before I really got into football my old man used to take me to all of Preston's London games, which is probably what got me hooked on the atmosphere of a Saturday afternoon, shortly after Preston got promoted after a game at the O's I decided that I wanted to and see a team more regularly. Fortunately one of my Dad's employee's was a Charlton fan and was more than happy to take me along, had it not been for him I'd probably be following Millwank, thank god for good luck eh.
  • Options
    Arsenal, family would have seen to that.

Otherwise more Rugby
  • Options
    Feel bad even contemplating it but would of probably been West Ham.
  • Options
    Leeds United were my big team as a child in the 60's/70's.
  • Options
    West Ham, family are all cockneys.

Only reason im not now is cos my old man was a gloryboy and preferred first division Charlton over 2nd division West Ham in the 50's.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For part of the Selhurst years, I used to watch Blackheath on a regular basis at the Rec, so I might have gone down the Rugby route, do the trip to Knowsley Road 3 or 4 times a summer, and out to Wycombe to see Wasps on a regular basis. So maybe football would have been my second sport?
  • Options
    As a kid it would have been QPR.
    If it was now, I'd probably drop down the leagues, and go for Welling or if I lived near enough, Sittingbourne. Been to the Brickies a few times, and it's pretty basic, but I liked it all the more for it.
    But I'm quite happy where I am :)
  • Options
    Didn't we do this (sort of) recently?

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=4191&page=1#Item_0
  • Options
    Don't tell Prk Pie, but probably Leeds or Chelsea.
  • Options
    probably would have been the Arse, as my brother is a die hard, and tbh, they can play some awesome stuff
  • Options
    Millwall - like my Dad and brother.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]Millwall - like my Dad and brother.

That would possibly explain a lot!
  • Options
    "That would possibly explain a lot!"

That despite coming from a family of scum bags, 1905 saw the light and ouzes class. Is that what it explains?

All my Uncles support Chelsea so it was a close shave on both fronts.
  • Options
    For me it would have been West Ham. I was always West Ham in the local subbuteo league as a kid, because my best mate bagged Charlton before me.
  • Options
    Millwall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    being an eltham boy it should be Millwall but i can deffo say I would have been a hammer.

Used to go there a lot with my Plaistow cousins.
  • Options
    Arsenal, thank fuck that I don't!
  • Options
    Prob Welling or Erith n Belvedere as they are the next most local sides to me.
    So thank god for the Addicks :-)
  • Options
    Dartford i would have thought.

Went to quite a few games at the old Watling Street ground when i was a tiddler and even went away to Poole once (i was on holiday there at the time with the family).

Would have been a struggle with them playing everywhere and anywhere but this season would have been fantastic back in the town with regular crowds of 1000+.

Still, could not imagine anyone other than Charlton.
  • Options
    Probably would have been Millwall - so a lucky escape then!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Probably would have been Millwall - so a lucky escape then!

Very lucky!

Sham 69! another blast from the past.
  • Options
    I reckon i would of ended up a lairy Millwall midget wannabee as well.

I've certainly got enough pink polo shirts....
  • Options
    **Clenches teeth and cheeks**

Gilling.. No I can't do it

I would follow the tiddlywinks instead

Addicks forever and body art to show!!
  • Options
    Dad and other family are charlton so if not them, then it would probably have been Millwall due to a few mates supporting them as we were growing up at school.
  • Options
    Heyy Curb_It - did you also go and see Sham? Brilliant live band but most of their gigs ended in a ruck - music has dated a bit but was great at the time.