Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New year resolutions

2»

Comments

• Options
    i don't know how anyone can cut out bread, i would find it even harder than cigarettes.

in fact, i think i could live on bread and cheese alone.

cheese is another, impossible to have potatoes, pasta etc and not grate chedder or parmesan on top.
  • Options
    i love cheese, its ace! i love all cheeses! they are ace. Cut out cheese, no way man, rather die happy whilst eating cheese, than die unhappy eating lettuce! your gonna die anyway one day!
  • Options
    1905 has the odd beer is that 11 13 15 or 17 then lol

Cheese has been hard going without St Agur, Cheshire, Brie with water biscuits with a hearty red on a sunday night has been hard.

Giving up bread hasn't been as hard as I thought having a large salad bowl for lunch has been OK
  • Options
    Lose weight and generally get healthier.

In Jan in lost 1.5 stone, no drinking ( god i was bored!)
    Ran 3-5 miles 5x per week.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]1905 has the odd beer is that 11 13 15 or 17 then lol

Cheese has been hard going without St Agur, Cheshire, Brie with water biscuits with a hearty red on a sunday night has been hard.

Giving up bread hasn't been as hard as I thought having a large salad bowl for lunch has been OK

was trying to give up bread and cheese, but found myself buying some somerset brie from waitrose at the weekend and some port salut! whoops.
  • Options
    I'm trying to up the intensity of stuff I do as well, the ride to North Greenwich took 30 minutes in the middle of Jan, now got it down to 18 minutes, want it down to 15 minutes, and I want the journey to work to be 45 minutes by March
  • Options
    I HATE cheese
  • Options
    I don't do resolutions either. But due to circumstances I have to get back into eating healthier and regular exercise for the rest of my life. If I don't I'll seize up & be a complete wreck before I'm 50 & that is not an option.
    So.
    Had my first session with my personal trainer last night. Really surprised myself at how much I could still do. Apparently my residual fitness is very good, so getting back into it shouldn't take too long.
    But my thighs are now screaming at me!!!!!!

Happy birthday Rothers you young thang!

& KB, I'm not letting you get out of a) shedding a few pounds & b) passing that blasted test!!!!!
  • Options
    Try including shooters hill in your ride twice a day, that will up the intensity nicely believe me!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Try including shooters hill in your ride twice a day, that will up the intensity nicely believe me!

The hill in Greenwich Park has had me dying, or just cycling in the wind by the Thames is bad enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Try including shooters hill in your ride twice a day, that will up the intensity nicely believe me!

The hill in Greenwich Park has had me dying, or just cycling in the wind by the Thames is bad enough

try running along it..............last night felt like I was running into a brick wall!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]When I gave up smoking, getting to week 4 was the cold turkey period. It then got easier until week 8 when knew i would never smoke again.

However after ten years I can still look at someone smoking in a pub and think that it looks lovely. So I am afraid that you never really give up and have to have the will power for the rest of your life.

i never knew you smoked D
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Stunted his growth!!
  • Options
    just back from the gym, feel a little shaky!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]just back from the gym, feel a little shaky!!

so how was the new gym?
  • Options
    it was good, i was a member a few years ago but sacked it when i bought my flat. and then i only used the pool. Im liking this one tho and very handy, it means i can still exercise and that wont get in the way of my social life in the evenign! sorted.
  • Options
    Carling - I smoked from 15 till I was 30.

Dan - When I realised it wasnt going to stunt my growth then I packed it in. Mind you imagine if i had never smoked.

B - I have just been to the gym. It either kills you or sets you up for the rest of the day - today it is the former.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I did go to the gym on sunday though. In the time since i last went, i have contributed over £1200 to their funds, aren't i nice like that.....
    Just think AFKA, you could have had 10 years of Valley Gold membership for that much!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

I used to have to run that hill in Greenwich park, four times a session, for two days a week in pre season training.

I remember by the time the last one came around, especailly for the first few weeks, most of us could hardly walk up it let alone run.

Shit me, just thinking about it again has left me knackered.
  • Options
    Keep up the good work people :-)