Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Men's Health - Survival of the fittest.

Ok so I'm just getting my stuff together for this.

10 km run with 16 obstacles throughout!

Wish me luck never done anything like this before.

Please let me know if you've done it before how difficult it was and if you enjoyed it?

Comments

• Good luck mate, would like to do this oneday. Let us know what it is like
  • Good luck mate. Ran a half marathon a couple of weeks ago and struggled over the last two miles. Pace yourself would be my advice. All the best!
  • 1:03:58 could have done it quicker IMO.

Loved the obstacles.
  • Great fun feeling a bit better now.
  • Well done dazz. I was looking at doing this bit got no further than that
  • Dazzler21, what sort of obstacles were they?
  • Went past this on the train today, looked really great.

Well done for completing

• Em a range of Obstacles including wading through an ice bath, military assault course, some hay bale mountains and a 9 ft wall. Loads more.
  • Tell u what trays a really good time. Took me 49 to do 10k on Greenwich park with no obstacles, sort form the big hill, but I don't think that's really an obstacle. I'm doing a bike ride called hell of the ashdown in Feb. Looks horrible!
  • Dazzler21 said:

1:03:58 could have done it quicker IMO.

Loved the obstacles.

Completed the 2012 Survival yesterday 58.07 was the time. They included a further 6 obstacles too. Still think I can do better.

Today I have just done a 20km version known only as the Spartan Beast...

Scraped in around the 2hr mark, non stop my legs would not carry me for the last 1/2 mile! Still finished on my feet...
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice one Dazzler. Did Survival yesterday in 59.29 - 13:15 wave (yellow bands). 58.07 is a bloody good time! That first skip absolutely f***ing stank, didn't it?
  • edited November 2012
    Oh yes!

The smell was rotten. I know I can do it faster but was held back by a friend who had very little training.
    We were wave 6 (10.15 run) found the queue outside the power station exit very annoying.

The spartan today was impeccably hard, I feel like a fool 10k yesterday 20k today 3-5k tomorrow just to keep the legs loose!
  • Imagine how bad the stink was 3 hours later then! It was literally like wading waist deep through liquified shit. Doing the Spartan straight after that is impressive. I'm doing a Tough Mudder next year, with a 24 hour London-Paris cycle a month later. I'll be a wreck at the end of that!

I think I could have done it about two minutes quicker overall, had a hold up to let an ambulance through near the power station entrance after the 5K mark and waited about a bloody minute to cross Battersea Park Road. Also lost a trainer in the peanut smuggler, which was NOT fun.
  • Ha ha ha!

I love these runs!
  • jesus im f++ked reading this !