Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Halifax Town Away - Live on ITV 1, 12.30ko, 13 Nov

12346»

Comments

• 08.10 from euston via manchester gets to haifax at 12.08 arrive back at euston 19.09 £64 is a option not sure how far the ground is from the station though.
  • 08.10 from euston via manchester gets to haifax at 12.08 arrive back at euston 19.09 £64 is a option not sure how far the ground is from the station though.
    The problem with that option once you arrive at Manchester Picc, you have 13 mins to get to Manchester Vic to get the train to Halifax. Any delay on the way up to Manchester, then you are screwed, as there is only one train per hour to Halifax.

• Train station is 5 min walk from ground.
  • I did the Piccadilly to Victoria transfer twice earlier in the season for Bury & Rochdale, you ain't gonna do it in 13 mins, even if the train is bang on time.
    The National Rail Journey planner gives 1308 as the earliest arrival time in Halifax from London on 13th November. If the kick-off was an hour later it would have been feasible.
  • Catch train from picc to hudds, then bus, train or taxi to Halifax. It's not far
  • So it's a load of hassle and live on ITV. Only hardcore and northern exiles are gonna be at this one I'm afraid. The romance is being squeezed out by the telly companies, I'm still hoping to go though.
  • Would have fancied this one, but train fare is a little to much.
  • Planes, Trains and Automobiles.....here's a novel idea...kick off at a sensible time on a Saturday.
  • another helping of hubble pie anyone !!...............I have just been told that my usual "passengers" are now not going and therefore I would have to pay the full cost of the petrol myself - added to the fact I would have to leave beforee 8 am I have decided to join the other 99% of CAFC fans and watch it at home.

Good luck to the.1% who do go..............just hope the commentators don't mention the fact there are just 1 man & his dog in the away end - what do they expect !

• Good point, well made, Golfie.
  • Sponsored links:

• 5.30am Ko then over here, i'll be making the long journey out of bed and down to watch it in the basement (so as not to wake the kids up, they don't llike to get up until around 6am on Sundays)
  • Coach will leave Charlton at 6.30am. More details to follow.
  • I've done that trip from Huddersfield to Halifax by bus before (then Halifax to Rochdale) and its a great journey!

toying with the idea of heading up to see friends in York on the Friday/Saturday then driving to Halifax Sunday and driving home. But realistically, might just do a massive brunch and watch it at home in my pyjamas.

• gonna book the monday off work, order 5 grams of charlie, 3 pills and a bag of ket, get down the boozer for opening.

this ones gonna be massive!

• edited November 2011
    Looking at the stupid train journey times and coach starting times what a stupid time to have us on at?  I just looked at rail enquiries.  So if we were the 3pm kick off you could have gotten a train at 11.03 and gotten to halifax at 2.30 with just one change at leeds.

Did they not think about this?

• ooking at the stupid train journey times and coach starting times what a stupid time to have us on at?  I just looked at raill enquiries.  So if we were the 3pm kick off you could have gotten a train at 11.03 and gotten to halifax at 2.30 with just one change at leeds.

Did they not think about this?

No
  • Tickets are priced £13 adults, £10 over 65s and U16s, £5 U12s and £2 U7s but it's pay on the day only.

No advance ticket sales at the Valley.

1500 seats which should be about 10 seats per away fan.
  • I think I may join ValleyGary for this one.
  • Looks like i'm watching this one on the telly
    The armchair would be more comfortable old son............
  • +1 for Valley Gary's pill party.

Is it invite only?
  • Sponsored links:

• i made the mistake of watching us against northwich victoria in a pub that had a load of millwall in.

you could put messi, xavi, iniesta, villa, fabregas, puyol etc in a charlton shirt for a cup tie and they'd still be capable of losing to a war widow/rotary club 2nd XI.

for that reason i'm playing golf.

• another helping of hubble pie anyone !!...............I have just been told that my usual "passengers" are now not going and therefore I would have to pay the full cost of the petrol myself - added to the fact I would have to leave beforee 8 am I have decided to join the other 99% of CAFC fans and watch it at home.

Good luck to the.1% who do go..............just hope the commentators don't mention the fact there are just 1 man & his dog in the away end - what do they expect !

Snap ! Pretty much the same for me, Golfie.

First away game missed this season.

Snap ! Pretty much the same for me, Golfie.

First away game missed this season.

very disappointed in you Fanny ;-)