Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Radio programmes that annoy you.

edited October 2011 in Not Sports Related

(but could well be Sports Connected such as.........)

Yesterday's Radio 5live Sports Report (5.00p.m). This venerable old programme is not what it once was. Yesterday they visited each Prem. game twice: once for a match report and then again for interviews. Now, I thought, they'll be doing the League games. but no, there was more chit chat about the Prem. then they went on to rugby league followed by rugby union. At one point we were told that a league round-up was on the way and immediately went on to cricket followed by horse racing and regular up-dates from the Liverpool game. At six minutes to six (they told us the time) they had a match report and interview from Southamton which left a whole two minutes for an in depth look at the Football League which really wasn't worth waiting for. It wasn't that I wanted to hear about our game in particular, though that would have been nice, but once again it seemed there was a general lack of interest by the BBC in anything outside the Premiereship.

That's my grumble for the day: any others?

Comments

• morning service and then the shipping forecast when they interrupt TMS.
  • edited October 2011
    anything where Colin Murry takes part ..This is SOOOO unlike me as I am very easy going .... However,   I have taken an almost psychotic dislike to this 4 eyed, arrogant, squinty, grovelling, mealy mouthed little Ulster twat .. and don't start me on Mark Kermode or Mark Pugwash or whatever his handle is
  • The Archers.  The one blot on the landscape of an otherwise sublime Radio 4.  I can't believe the broadcast this crap, it is nowhere near the BBC's remit to inform and entertain.  For people that want an agricultural soap there's Emmerdale exactly where it should be in ITV, the station for people who don't want to think too hard.
  • I used to think "anything with Danny Baker in it", but I listened to part of his show yesterday and actually quite enjoyed it. I think we've both mellowed over the years.
  • Anything with Danny Baker in it.
  • Anything with Danny Baker in it.
    agreed
  • Love Danny Baker.

Anything with Chris Moyles or Scott Mills annoys me.
  • Baker is a broadcasting god.
  • Tony bloody Livesey
  • Jeremy Vine's show on Radio 2. Stick the chat on Radio 4 or in the evening, not in the middle of the day please. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Jeremy Vine's show on Radio 2. Stick the chat on Radio 4 or in the evening, not in the middle of the day please. 

Agreed. Should have got rid of him when Jimmy Young retired !
  • The Archers.  The one blot on the landscape of an otherwise sublime Radio 4.  I can't believe the broadcast this crap, it is nowhere near the BBC's remit to inform and entertain.  For people that want an agricultural soap there's Emmerdale exactly where it should be in ITV, the station for people who don't want to think too hard.
    Disagree the Archers is fantastic
  • A lot of people on here hate Colin Murray, and I've never understood why, I've got absolutely nothing against him!  One programme I don't like is Pienarr's Politics, on 5live at 7pm on a Sunday - simply because I'm usually still in the kitchen listening to the radio at that time, and I feel sad that they've stopped talking about football.
  • The worst part of radio 5 live is when you get back in the car at 5pm on a Saturday and they go off to Scotland for a report on Kilmarnock v Hearts before we get to hear the other league one scores. Scottish independence can't come soon enough.
  • edited October 2011
    Recently being going off Radio 2,too much inane waffle and Jeremy Vines show should be on 4 in the evening.Also getting a bit fed up with 5 Live,too much Colin Murray and that idiot Claridge shouting over everyone,is he trying to be the poor stations Paul Merson?
  • Steve Wright in the afternoon.

Interrupts every record with his inane chatter.

• Find talksport really annoying these days, but done a fair bit of driving this afternoon and really enjoyed a show with Brazil, Matt Holland Alvin Martin and Martin Allen.
  • Find talksport really annoying these days, but done a fair bit of driving this afternoon and really enjoyed a show with Brazil, Matt Holland Alvin Martin and Martin Allen.
    I turn off if Adrian Durham , Darren Gough or Mr Dull , Ray Houghton is on. Then there's Stan Collymore who has to be the worst radio presenter since David Mellor.

Bring back James Whale and Mike Parry.  
  • James O'Brien on LBC.  Purely because he takes the uber liberal and woolly view to every subject of discussion and his logic and supreme intelligence more often than not gets you round to his way of thinking! Good counter balance to Nick Ferrari's earlier show and James Whale's drive time one.

Listening to them gives you both sides of the argument and a pretty balanced view despite your initial gut views.

Cant stand Talksport as it comes across as the Soccer Am of the airwaves.

• The Archers - always switch off R4 when the theme tune starts.
  • Sponsored links:

Ditto.  Can't reach for the switch quick enough.
  • Avoid Radio 1 like the plague, and any other commercial stations. In fact, I very rarely listen to any radio these days. Even in the car, I'd much rather listen to my ipod.

Also can't stand Colin Murray. His voice grates at something deep inside my intestines. "IT'S WOLVES, NOT WOOVES". ffs
    Yet another thing we disagree about.

The Archers is a fine British tradition a bit PC at times which might be what you dislike :-) but still worth a listen in my view.

• Been saying the same thing about radio 5 live all this season. Haven't really before but certainly this season they hardly mention the lowere leagues at all.

Last week we won 4-0 at home, top of the league and I was expecting at least a passing comment when rounding up the football action - it must have come around 5.50 pm after we had the Premier League reports & interviews, The Scottish Prem League, Horseracing, Cricket and even some other rubbish to do with Olympics..........and then all they did was to basically read out the results again !!

I remember a few years ago (ok, maybe 20 or so) "Sports Report" as it was known, would cover the 4 English leagues + Scotland in depth and spend 40 mins or so doing so - then would come a bit of horse racing and then a re-read of the results at around 5.50pm.
  • edited October 2011
    That's surely 50 odd games in the days of all football being on a Saturday.  Did any of us really pay much attention to the dearth of Third Division coverage until self-interest kicked in?
  • Dont mind talksport, and i dont mind Durham because of his west ham hatred. Andy Goldstein and the Gouldfather always put on a good show after 10, they do talk about the lower league clubs quite a bit.

Collymore gets more stick than he deserves as atleast he's fairly level headed.

Basically when anyone starts talking about the state of the England team, then you know its time to turn off.
  • Can't stand Moyles. 

I picked up his autobiography once, read the first line of the book and it said: "Let's get one thing straight, I make f****ing great radio."

No. No, you don't.
  • Radio 1. Can't bear more than 3 seconds of it if I accidentally tune in.
  • Richard Keys on Talk Shite. Sycophantic, naive, clueless about football despite presenting it for 20 years.
  • Shows that don't have Danny Baker in them

The Archers (Lady Irving loves it)

Thought for the Day

You and Yours

Most of Talk Sport

Radio 2 during the morning and daytime

Radio Ga-Ga