Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hartlepool 0 - 4 Charlton - Player Ratings

edited October 2011 in General Charlton
Not too many up at Hartlepool, so if you did go and don't normally stick up ratings, please help Lanky Lad out and post some up. Copy and paste below, marks out of ten

Hamer -
Solly -
Morrison -
Taylor -
Wiggins -
Green -
Hughes -
Hollands -
Jackson -
Kermogant -
BWP -

Wagstaff n/a -
Hayes n/a -
Euell n/a -

Comments

• Hamer - 7.5
    Solly - 7.5
    Morrison - 8
    Taylor - 8
    Wiggins - 8.5
    Green - 7.5
    Hughes - 7
    Hollands - 8.5
    Jackson - 7.5
    Kermogant - 7
    BWP - 9
  • Hamer 7.5
    Solly 7.5
    Morrison 8
    Taylor 8
    Wiggins 7.5
    Green 7.5
    Hughes 7
    Hollands 8
    Jackson 7.5
    Kermorgant 7.5
    Wright Phillips 8
  • Hamer 7.5
    Solly 7.5
    Morrison 8
    Taylor 8
    Wiggins 7.5
    Green 7.5
    Hughes 7
    Hollands 8
    Jackson 7.5
    Kermorgant 7.5
    Wright Phillips 8
    Would agree with that, except I'd give Wiggins 9, thought he was exceptional today

• Hamer - 8 - flapped at one near the end, but otherwise solid. good kicking. impressed that he had a massive go at the defence for letting pool get a shot off right near the end when the game was dead & buried. likes clean sheets.
    Solly - 7.5 good game
    Morrison - 8 thought he looked a little ropey in the first half but immense in the second
    Taylor - 8  class
    Wiggins - 9 excellent. four assits in the last two game AND he can defend
    Green - 7 ok. put in a few good crosses. bit frustrating becaue he'll beat one but then lose it...
    Hughes - 8 good. gave the ball away a few times but worked like a trooper all game.
    Hollands - 8 excellent. good range of passing. 
    Jackson - 8 ditto.
    Kermogant - 8 worked hard. he's very good at going down easily.
    BWP - 8.5 slightly annoying that he seems to stop going for it on about 75 mins, but two top finishes.

Wagstaff n/a - good cameo & smart finish (although a better keeper might have kept it out)
    Hayes n/a - nice run and pass for wagstaffs goal
    Euell n/a - not enough time...

Haven't seen charlton an awful lot this season, but was very impressed. Especially by how hard they all worked. Thought it was maybe a bit flattering for us to go in at half time 2 up, but second half we stepped it up a gear as pool chased it. Thought we held them at bay very well as they tried to pump balls into the box. Morrison was excellent. Long may it continue.

Lovely little ground and friendly stewards and all...Would like for them to go up with us, it's not to bad to get to from scotland for me...
  • Hamer 8
    Solley 7.5
    Morrison 8.5
    Taylor 8.5
    Wiggins 9
    Green 7
    Hughes 7.5
    Hollands 8.5
    Jackson 8.5
    Kermogant 8.5
    Wright-Phillips 9
  • Hamer 7
    Solly 8.5
    Morrison 9
    Taylor 8.5
    Wiggins 8.5
    Green 7.5
    Hughes 5
    Hollands 7.5
    Jackson 8
    Kermorgant 7
    Wright Phillips 8
  • Hamer -  7
    Solly - 7
    Morrison - 8
    Taylor - 9
    Wiggins - 9
    Green - 7
    Hughes - 7
    Hollands - 8
    Jackson - 8
    Kermogant - 7
    BWP - 9
  • Hamer -  7 - not a great deal to do
    Solly - 7.5 - shut them down well
    Morrison - 9 - superb, there was no way through
    Taylor - 9 - ditto
    Wiggins - 9 - ditto, and he got forward well
    Green - 7 - tried his best and got in a few great crosses
    Hughes - 7 - not stand out, just did what was asked of him
    Hollands - 8 - good dash for the goal and looked to play a quick pass
    Jackson - 8 - led by example
    Kermogant - 8 - good run for the free kick for the 3rd and won pretty much everything in the air, but very often was isolated as we pumped it forward and had no-one to head on to and so ended back up with their keeper
    BWP - 9 - very well taken goals and kept going for his 3rd...could have had it if he had anticiapted a Jacko cross across an open goal..

Special note to Waggy and Hayes who came on and joined up nicely for the 4th - really thought Waggy wasn't going to reach it and was very surprised when the keeper missed it..
  • Too late this thread is now closed for marks, stats out soon.
  • Shouldn't take you too long - a pleasant change?
  • Sponsored links:

• yes, but not really, for this game there was only me, the misses and 5 other gave marks, doesn't really give much validity to the stats so tends to piss me orf when people can't be bothered - right that's my little foot stamp over !
  • You and your other half plus 6...or are you telling me that I am too late to be counted cos I didn't get online til Monday lunch??