Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
250 tickets sold to VG members.

At the risk of re-opening the whole chuffing debate - which is NOT what anyone wants - does anyone on here want to retract their previous bleatings on this subject?

Comments

• Options
    i want to go and take my boy as i think he;ll love the atmosphere of an away game but fear i might well miss out on this one.

We'll see.
  • Options
    do you still have to walk through the allotments to get in? (apologies it's been a few years)
  • Options
    Away fans are now at the opposite end
  • Options
    damn
    was looking forward to being nostalgic. just have to make do with singing 'wubble yooooo'
    you up for it KB?
  • Options
    due to some unforseen family problems i have got the afternoon off work and i'll be getting mine then.

• Options
    My point wasnt about VG just about why people with 3 London stubs are allowed to get their tickets at the same time as people with 3 from Wigan, Boro, Newcastle etc. Just does not seem fair ;-)
  • Options
    The thing which makes me laugh with the old VG and point system debate is that you would think that we are the best supported team in the country.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]The thing which makes me laugh with the old VG and point system debate is that you would think that we are the best supported team in the country.
    lol
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    You what PH, you want some sort of away match grading introduced in the "produce your stubs" system now do you???

The point I was making was that only 250-odd have gone, so those that want to go who have been to some away games already this year have now got the opportunity to go - no excuses. (And no need for some complicated ticketing arrangements where people will still only moan that they are being hard done by!)

And I also notice that nobody has come on here to retract their bleatings and praise the club who - for once - appear to have judged this one reasonably well. Strange that.
  • Options
    Agreed Off-it.

£50 says that someone posts on the Monday after the game that the atmosphere was crap because of the 'Valley Gold Mob'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TBH Off_It I think it would have been fair if for a start they asked for 5 stubs for a start and then they should have done a grouping system gradually. Rather than having a huge rush tommorow why not have buying periods over a couple of days for the different categories of away games.

I think it would have been fair if they did a system like they did for the Gills FA Cup away game a while back. If I remember rightly they did grading, so why not now in this important game with such low prices.
  • Options
    The problem is mate, if you make it more complicated - instead of less - then people will moan that it's too complicated and we're back to square one again. Everyone thinks they can think of a better system, but is there really - and I mean REALLY - any need for it to be more complicated than it is in this scenario?

What seems "fair" for some people isn't so for others - and that's just the way of the world.
  • Options
    Reading FC (that long established premier club) appear to have a points system driven by purchase of away tickets etc. I'm not sure how it works in practice but the website shows that the more points you have the earlier you can apply.

The point is we should be taking more than 500 to Boro etc. but after this season perhaps the club can look at this so that whenever it looks like we will sell out 3,000 for a key league or cup game then everyone gets a fair shout.
  • Options
    But where is the point in running a complex and beaurocratic scheme for the very rare occasions that our support decides to get up off its arse?

Reading have a big away support this year because they are ground collecting and as a result need a scheme. Sorry but we do not need one.

19 "VG 05 :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]But where is the point in running a complex and beaurocratic scheme for the very rare occasions that our support decides to get up off its arse?

the point being there may well be a chance that some in the 300 that went to Boro who won't get a ticket a ticket for Watford, and that's not right.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]But where is the point in running a complex and beaurocratic scheme for the very rare occasions that our support decides to get up off_its arse?

i dont think off_it was sayin the charlton support got up his arse??

ba da boooom
  • Options
    The people who went to Boro will have the ticket stubs so should be alright unless they leave it to the night before the game.

We continually over exagerate our support for these so called big turn out games to the point I panic to get ticket only to find seats available a couple of days prior to the game.

The only games I can remember where it was a real battle to get tickets were Bolton (due to vanishing tickets) and Gillingham (which I agree was down to supply/demand). Do we really need to run a scheme to cover 2 games in ten years?
  • Options
    lol @ ollie.

I thought everyone knew......................
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]lol @ ollie.

I thought everyone knew......................

Watch it tiny!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite] Do we really need to run a scheme to cover 2 games in ten years?

in that case do we really need to pay £240 a year to cover 2 games in 10 years?

I can't get to the valley to get a watford ticket midweek (as i'm sure hundreds of others cant), so i'm holding out that our support will be its usual and will pick one up when its more feasible for me to get one, with my friends, without sending vouchers/tickets/money left right and centre. fingers crossed anyway. if i can't, i can't, and i'll try to watch the game with my stubs in a pub that will hopefully show the game.

a couple of stubs were in my wallet, which was stolen on friday too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    whose stubs??

i hate losing a purse its painful.
  • Options
    reading was in there i think they're just tucked into a side pocket. i'll have to try to find chesterfield and newcastle.
    mine was the kind of purse that was bulging with stuff that was never looked at or needed, till you didn't have. ie, book of stamps, receipts, train tickets to charge back to work on expenses, etc etc

keep remembering things that were in there! thats more annoying than the cash!
  • Options
    A point scheme like that could also raise our away following. I hope Henry is able to get it set up next season.
  • Options
    i have just been down there to get mine.

i didnt need to show my (well my dad's) VG card, didnt have to fill in the voucher details etc.

I handed the voucher over, she gave me a ticket, i gave her the money and i walked off.

no checks on the ST or anything.

Makes me laugh
  • Options
    "A point scheme like that could also raise our away following. I hope Henry is able to get it set up next season."

Entertainment and excitement improves away supports - which should be reflected in our forthcoming attendances. Loyalty schemes just cause more anxiety and confusion.

If henry gets the scheme the next arguement for you lot will be om the game weightings
  • Options
    by the way, the young lady at the office suspects that these tickets will go on general sale for the simple fact that people cannot buy the tickets over the phone.
  • Options
    'by the way, the young lady at the office suspects that these tickets will go on general sale for the simple fact that people cannot buy the tickets over the phone.'

How comes the new wonderful ticket computer system doesnt cater for people who want to buy over the phone away tickets with criteria i.e must have season ticket stub b for example. Great thinking by the management. Have you noticed when things like this go missing in new systems management always balmes i.t. You give us the information dopes !!!
  • Options
    Does anyone know if these tickets were to go on general sale, when that would be? before the West Ham game??
  • Options
    ;-)

watuz1.jpg
  • Options
    now everyone knows where you're sitting, they'll come and ruff you up!