Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Three Network

My contract is up in a few days and I am moving from Virgin Mobile as they dont have any decent handsets.
I have been looking around and Three have decent sets and decent contracts.
BUT I have been told that their coverage is crap and customer service isnt much better. But I have only been told this by people who are not with them

Anyone with them?

TA

Comments

• Options
    I've used them on and off over the years. Family use them now. Not had a problem with coverage or customer service.
  • Options
    They have a map that shows coverage.My house is in a one pixel on map black spot so I am not going with them!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I checked the map. Is it actually accurate? the road next to mine has got bad pixels but I am in a good pixel.
    How can they possibly tell to the accuracy of a pixel?
  • Options
    Thanks Airman
  • Options
    I never had a problem with 3. Customer service used to be great. However it is horrendous now and was so bad I left and went to orange
  • Options
    Avoid like the plague.
  • Options
    Avoid like the plague.
    Why?
  • Options
    If you like 2 second calls and never using any of your data allowance then go for it!
  • Options
    If you like 2 second calls and never using any of your data allowance then go for it!
    coverage that bad?
  • Options

Father-in-law was with them briefly and they were crap. Customer service is appalling too. He's still getting letters from bailiffs 3 years after he settled a snall outstanding balance with them. We've sent them several letters an registered severall phone calls, but he still gets a letter every few months.

The missus and me have been with Orange for years and they've always been excellent. My Vodafone work mobile used to get slightly better coverage but since the Orange/T-Mobile tie up you get coverage from both networks so it should only be the furthest flung areas where you have any issues with signal.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    coverage that bad?
    Worse. Avoid like the plague. Vodafone are the best I've ever had. Spent too long farting around with O2.
  • Options
    well, it would seem that the rumours are not just rumours. Thanks
  • Options
    "Worse. Avoid like the plague. Vodafone are the best I've ever had. Spent too long farting around with O2.

"

Clem_Snide, aren't they that great then?
  • Options
    I was with o2 for two years. I did not have one single problem with them. I only switched to Virgin as they offered me a better deal
  • Options
    I paid to get out of the contract early a few years ago. I was only with them for less than a year. I thought they had the worst customer service and appalling reception which was probably why they had such appealing deals and contracts to attract customers. I would never go back to Three. 
  • Options
    I never had a problem with O2. Sadly I got greedy after they didn't give me a discount or a free phone.

The coverage may be good where you are, but if you were working in an area with poor coverage, imagine the annoyance. It also won't work abroad and the customer service is dreadful.
  • Options
    im on three mobile. the coverage is ok but the customer service is shite.
  • Options
    Was with o2 for years, then took 3 up on an offer about 3 years ago.
    Coverage was ok I suppose, but it was customer service that really drove me away.
    If you never have any problems with hardware or lose your phone or have any questions about service or any complaints or any need to order replacement parts or send stuff back or any queries or issues of any kind whatsoever, then they'll be fine.

I went crawling back to O2 like a cheating husband sheepishly returning to his wronged wife.
  • Options

Father-in-law was with them briefly and they were crap. Customer service is appalling too. He's still getting letters from bailiffs 3 years after he settled a snall outstanding balance with them. We've sent them several letters an registered severall phone calls, but he still gets a letter every few months.

The missus and me have been with Orange for years and they've always been excellent. My Vodafone work mobile used to get slightly better coverage but since the Orange/T-Mobile tie up you get coverage from both networks so it should only be the furthest flung areas where you have any issues with signal.

I'd echo this...have had an awful experience with them over the last few years.  I took one of their new fangled phones a few years back.  Shouldn't have done, always had an O2 phone and kept it running throughout.  They were offering £15 per month deal and then your money back every quarter if you sent your three months bills back.  They relied on people being lazy and not doing that and...stupidly...I was one of them.

When the year was up, they sent a new phone, which I attempted to return...but after 7 days.  It was still sealed...I hadn't signed for it as their rules state...but they sent it back with a crumpled note saying simply that I was outside of the time limit.

I stopped the Direct Debit and refused to pay them.  For the last 6 years, they have passed the "debt" on to numerous collection agencies.  I now have a stock letter which I send to each one (and each subsequent one gets a copy of the previous letters as well). 

It just sets out the dispute and points out that the debt actually relates to the the first phone, which instead of upgrading they continued charging for and issued another number and charged for that as well on the new one!  It took nearly three years to get that much out of their customer service team and they tried to recall the email.  Fortunately, I had already saved it.  As soon as the collection agency receive it, I never hear from them again, until a new bunch take over, usually 6/9 months down the line.

I can afford to pay the debt (about £300), but I refuse to on principle and fortunately don't need credit.  They are dreadful, their service is appaling and i would never recommend them.  Thankfully, I have managed to steer many friends and colleagues away from them over the years!

Avoid like the plague!!!

Hope this helps

Tel :-)

• Options
    I paid to get out of the contract early a few years ago. I was only with them for less than a year. I thought they had the worst customer service and appalling reception which was probably why they had such appealing deals and contracts to attract customers. I would never go back to Three. 
    I'm thinking of doing the same thing, mate. What's the process and how much are we talking about? Three are frickin' useless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm on 3 and coverage is fine and never had to use customer services.
  • Options

http://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html

If you want to complain about Three's service.

• Options

I have three contracts on Three and they have all been fine.

Why not try out a PAYG sim card in an unlocked phone, that way you've only spent a tenner and you can see if the coverage is adequate?

• Options
    Missed this the other day. 
    I have been on 3 for the last 2 and half years. 
    There are places where you will get little or no coverage and it is very strange as one street will be fine the next nothing. 
    I have stayed with them because the speed I get for 3G (mobile internet) and the amount of data they let me use is unbeatable.  I get 7mbs at work when we need it and it will carry the whole network when ASDL is offline.  
  • Options
    I have only just seen this thread mate. I was with t-mobile and their customer service was ok but i couldn't get any reception in Charlton !!. Im with 3 ONLY coz their reception coveragr and tarriffs were ok when i changed my phone. Customer Service is as bad as it can get. I ended up demanding and speaking to a senior manager. Thats another subject which if u whisper me i will tell u what it was
  • Options
    What network are u with now and if u are happy with their coverage see if they are willing to do a price match with 3 and see if they are willing to do a deal. Btw the way 3 DON'tT do upgrades and are hard to get out of a contract with so BE WARNED !!
  • Options
    I have been with three for many years never had a problem, also regularly upgrade with them now on i phone
  • Options
    I am currently with Virgin but they have none of the New smartphones. I either want the xperia arc s, iphone 4s or the samsung galaxy 2.
    So thats why I am leaving Virgin. They have been quite good over the last 18 months, but they have nothing I want.
    I was drawn to three because of the data deal. It looks like they are the only company who now do actual unlimited data usage with no catches.
  • Options
    Worst tariff.
  • Options
    Didn't think the service was any worse than any other network but customer service was terrible which is why I left. Rude, unhelpful and just do not value you as a customer