Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gardening

I know there was a large thread on this before but since the site changed i can find it. So this is this years results

* Strawberrys-- oK
* Apples-- cooking apples not to bad, but no eating apples which is what i expected after last years glut
* Damsons--- real result finding that tree after knocking down huge old shed. One huge damson crumble.
* Mint--- loads
* Coriander---loads.
* Pak choi --worst ever year
* Broad beans---loads an loads
* Peas---poor.
* Grapes--- non at all not sure why.
* Toms--- Loads but just didnt ripen.
* Courgettes--loads and loads
* Mini cucumbers--- loads. First time i tried and totaly brill for a salad or with Thai food.
* Collis----loads grew but non have actually turned into a ball that could be harvested.
* Sweet basil---loads.
* Peppers--- two plants out of 4 produced some rockets fuel mini bells.

all in all ok.

Comments

• We were fine for cherry tomatoes but they've only recently ripened.
  • I only done tomatoes this year , they started comming along nicely then all turned brown and had to go on the compost .Potted ones where fine .  
  • edited October 2011
    At what age do people find gardening interesting? I'm 42 and I'm not feeling it yet
  • 27?
    There must be something wrong with me ??/
  • Ok, just going about clearing a strip of land  near the side fence in the back garden, about one meter by about six. Reasonably sunny spot, partial shade, best sun late afternoon in the summer. want to plant some shrubs that will grow to one and a half meters, be evergreen to hide the fence and the neighbours garden, and will look good, even give some flowers, and some kind of fragrance would be nice. I grew up in a fourth floor council flat and know nothing whatsoever about gardening beyond cutting grass and making a hanging basket.

What should I plant there, how many plants will do it? Gonna dig the plot over the coming winter months.

• have a look at hebes ...they usually do well in any soil ,dt need to much sun ,have nice bluey blooms that attract lots of butterflies and bees ...there are lots of different types

dificult to get blooms ,perfume and evergreens together though

i ll think on so may be back
  • Seth  get some small plastic kloshes(sic) and grow some courgettes from seed. When they start to grow you wont believe the speed that they do. Broad bean are the same. Im a lazy gardener and i have managed it.
  • edited October 2011
    27?
    There must be something wrong with me ??/
    Riscardo has been 27 for the last 10 years ........ or so a little birdie told me!
    ;o)