Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NEW ARTICLE: Addressing the safe standing issue

Latest KT article by Ben Hayes

http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=88

Comments

• nothing will change or time to BADGER your mp, Well if standing/terracing is not allowed at premier league grounds, please explain how away fans are allowed to stand for a full game in the jimmy seed stand,this has been the case for many games.
  • I think you miss the point there badger. You either favour safe standing and support the campaign or you don't and ignore the issue.
  • I favour a safe standing option,and do support the campaign,i was interested to know why we can have fans standing in a seated area and nothing is done about it.
  • If your talking about the standing in the upper north badger i think they just turn a blind eye to it up there because that is where all the atmosphere comes from. To ask us all to sit down up there would kill the noise completely imo.
    I'm all for the safe standing and have filled in the form. There is no reason why it cant be done safely.
  • Anyone watch the Rugby this afternoon, Hill 16, 13,000 terrace places, fantastic terrace, in an amazing stadium.

It can be done safely, the Irish and the Germans do it, but I get the feeling we're seen as consumers in this country, rather the supporters
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Anyone watch the Rugby this afternoon, Hill 16, 13,000 terrace places, fantastic terrace, in an amazing stadium.

It can be done safely, the Irish and the Germans do it, but I get the feeling we're seen as consumers in this country, rather the supporters[/quote]

As others have said the move towards all-seater stadiums was a political rather than a practical decision, and the problem with reversing it, is that everyone will and does go on about Hillsborough.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]As others have said the move towards all-seater stadiums was a political rather than a practical decision, and the problem with reversing it, is that everyone will and does go on about Valley Gold.

very true
  • Badger - a couple of seasons back the club did try and get people to sit down, sent letters round and held meetings with people who stood there. In the end they gave up, however only around half the people that used to stand continue to do so.
  • Next home game vs West Ham, will the hammers fans be standing or sitting in the away end?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Next home game vs West Ham, will the hammers fans be standing or sitting in the away end?

Hopefully crying.