Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stewards And Police

Still treat Football fans like the scum of the earth while weairng their uniforms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po0dZfS2CDg&feature=player_embedded

Disgrace. The bloke can clearly be heard telling them he has a Heart Condition. Shame the stewards never got a slap, Surprised actually.

Comments

• Options
    An Atrocity all of the stewards should be punished and sacked   
  • Options
    Of course he's got a heart condition. If he went on a diet and lost some weight he wouldn't have. He was getting thrown out for taking up 2 seats like the girl in East block C Row F.

My wife said I've got to lose weight. She says I act like a kid and she wants to sit down and talk like adults.
    As if that's gonna happen in the middle of the conker season !!!!!
  • Options
    I've been to a squillion games and the only bother I've had was being lobbed out for sarcastically clapping the old bill at selhurst for being over the top on nicking a charlton fan
    I sing as much as anyone and would jump around when I was younger like you do as youngsters but you just gotta know when to tow the line and just cos someone asks you to keep to ground regulations by sitting or whatever doesn't make them open to a free for all load of abuse

Btw haven't looked at this video cos my phones pony but we all know there are a few arsehole policemen and stewards but there are a helluva lot more arsehole fans
  • Options
    I've been to a squillion games and the only bother I've had was being lobbed out for sarcastically clapping the old bill at selhurst for being over the top on nicking a charlton fan I sing as much as anyone and would jump around when I was younger like you do as youngsters but you just gotta know when to tow the line and just cos someone asks you to keep to ground regulations by sitting or whatever doesn't make them open to a free for all load of abuse Btw haven't looked at this video cos my phones pony but we all know there are a few arsehole policemen and stewards but there are a helluva lot more arsehole fans

Was the Man City game yesterday.

Stewards and OB picked out an elderly bloke to chuck out even thought the whole block and away fans next to them were standing. Don't know if he refused as everyone else in front was standing aswell but he clearly told them he had a heart problem to which he ended up collapsed on the floor in the 'recovery' position being treated.

Seemed like they wanted to make an example of a easy target.

• Options
    Of course he's got a heart condition. If he went on a diet and lost some weight he wouldn't have. He was getting thrown out for taking up 2 seats like the girl in East block C Row F.

My wife said I've got to lose weight. She says I act like a kid and she wants to sit down and talk like adults.
    As if that's gonna happen in the middle of the conker season !!!!!
    Did you get dropped on the head as a child?
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options

Nothing like a nice piece of down to earth honesty masicat!

LOL!

• Options
    I remember the stewards at City being absolute tw@'s when we played them in 07. Trying to force us all to sit down yet saying nothing to the City fans next to us. What did they do? Picked on a man in his 60's to prove a point who just said 'throw me out then'....they didn't dare. 

I understand going after trouble making fans but to try and get your kicks by enforcing things which are not important just leads to more problems than originally started.
  • Options
    Interesting that Ollie Holt the Mirrors chief football writer has just tweeted about our own heavy handed stewards?!?!
  • Options
    Yep, thanks. Just couldn't get myself worked up about a fat northerner getting thrown out at Man City. If he had done as he was asked there wouldn't be a problem.
    I don't think it will be the last time the old "Iv'e got heart problems" stunt is used, especially up North, you've only got to watch Secret Millionaire !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting that Ollie Holt the Mirrors chief football writer has just tweeted about our own heavy handed stewards?!?!
    Heard a few contrasting stories regarding our stewards
  • Options
    Horrible treatment, but as the subject has been brought up again I have to ask, what is the deal with people standing? Weren't there Charlton fans on here defending, if not doing, standing at Stevenage? Why do people like to do it when you've paid for a seat?
  • Options
    If they were told that they wern't allowed to sit in those seats and had to stand next to them everybody would be sitting down. It's just a chance to be a bit of a rebel. ;-)

Must admit, at home games I tend to stand in the upper but that only because no-one tells us otherwise.
  • Options
    I don't buy a seat i buy a ticket to get in and watch my football team and prefer standing up .
  • Options
    I don't like standing, probably an age thing, but I do agree that it creates a better atmosphere, however there are people for whom standing for two sets of 45 minutes is physically draining or are kids and often the stand up brigade do not give a hoot about blocking their view, citing that you can't be real charlton if you don't stand up. Happy to see them dragged out.

• Options
    I don't buy a seat i buy a ticket to get in and watch my football team and prefer standing up .
    This might be where you are going wrong.
    You are issued a ticket in return for your cash.
    That ticket is is subject to the Terms & Conditions of Entry.
    Using the ticket to get in means you agree to the terms and conditions.

I imagine all clubs reserve the right to refuse admission to, or eject from, the
    Ground any person who fails to comply with the Terms & Conditions of
    Entry
  • Options
    Yer I'm sorry I obviously don't read the small print on the tickets , what is a matter with people on this site since saturday !
  • Options

The Standing debate again zzzzzzz

The thing about this video was the heavy handed stewards, And the fact that the whole block was standing but he was the only one picked on as they assumed he was the easy target.

• Options

Ooh Ahh has his answer as to why we take so few away.

An element of scum spoils it for the rest it would seem.

• Options

The Standing debate again zzzzzzz

The thing about this video was the heavy handed stewards, And the fact that the whole block was standing but he was the only one picked on as they assumed he was the easy target.

And he was sitting down as others were standing up around him. Shame that there isn't proper footage of what happened. Hopefully the guy's alright.

I'm not sure how our away support has been dragged in to this!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So choosing to stand at a match makes you scum? get a grip
  • Options
    I'd like to stand but I have my own rules on the subject.
    I look over my shoulder both left and right and if those behind people are sitting so do I. But thats just me ; )
  • Options
    I look over my shoulder both left and right and if those behind people are sitting so do I. But thats just me ; )
    You are not alone in that approach TCE!
  • Options

Standing per se doesn't no. Bullying and abusing older and less physically able fans who wish to watch the match they've paid to see does.

Sitting is the legal default position and those who wish to sit should have priority and respect not be physically threatened and abused by so-called big men.

• Options

Why?
  • Options
    You are not alone in that approach TCE!
    For what it's worth, that's my approach too.
  • Options
    Because I find it s

Why?
    because I find it so boring sitting down , and there's always a better atmosphere standing up , in an ideal world it would be unreserved seating away and people that want to sit go down the front and people want to stand go up the back .
  • Options
    Really? I don't get to too many away games, 2 or 3 a season, but I remember having to stand at Swindon which was really annoying. Managed to sit down at Peterborough last season but hearing that its the done thing doesn't exactly make me wish I went to more aways. If you stand for 90 minutes though doesnt it kind of mean you lose the novelty of jumping up when we score, or when there's a bad decision etc because you were on your feet already?
  • Options

Standing per se doesn't no. Bullying and abusing older and less physically able fans who wish to watch the match they've paid to see does.

Sitting is the legal default position and those who wish to sit should have priority and respect not be physically threatened and abused by so-called big men.

Len, agree totally, but you are flogging a dead horse I'm afraid. Saturday was a case in point and was very unsavory and sad to see.
  • Options
    Really? I don't get to too many away games, 2 or 3 a season, but I remember having to stand at Swindon which was really annoying. Managed to sit down at Peterborough last season but hearing that its the done thing doesn't exactly make me wish I went to more aways. If you stand for 90 minutes though doesnt it kind of mean you lose the novelty of jumping up when we score, or when there's a bad decision etc because you were on your feet already?
    Magic!