Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

£100m+ . Would you tick the box marked publicity?

And would you be prepared to pump some money into CAFC if you'd won it?

I guess the answer to the second predictates the first unless you were clever enough to hide behind some Swiss bank accounts of companies regsitered in the Virgin Islands and then get a couple of people to front for you but that would be a frankly ridiculous scenario...

Comments

• Options
    No publicity.

Far too many skeletons.

I'd buy Welling Utd.
  • Options
    I just cant understand why these people want to be paraded in front of the cameras, What does National Lottery tell these people to persuade them to do it.?

As for pumping money into CAFC , i would if i'd won as much as 100 mil.  
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Would I want publicity - No
    Would I give any to Charlton - Sorry but No again.

I would buy Millwall however, then close them down, sell off the land and pump that money into Charlton.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Would I want publicity - No
    Would I give any to Charlton - Sorry but No again.

I would buy Millwall however, then close them down, sell off the land and pump that money into Charlton.
    Like the Millwall bit, but As I don't do the lottery as it's just another tax , it ain't gonna happen.

If I did win a huge stash I'd probably give most of it away cos you can't take it with you as they say.

Not quite sure why they've gone public? Seems like there asking for trouble ?
  • Options
    There's a bird where I work that won £1.79 million a couple of years ago but still works here full-time.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Definitely no publicity.

With £100m+, I'd donate money to Charlton to employ designated Courage Best pourers which would in itself bring more money into the Club. Would also buy an executive box and get my mates to come to every home game. Would hire John Travolta to fly me to away games.

• Options
    Publicity ?

Ha, I wouldn't even tell my wife !
  • Options
    It amazed me how anyone winning that amount of cash go public.
    Can you imagine the begging letters that must come through the door?  I get hacked off with the number of takeaway leaflets and the NewsShopper getting shoved through my letterbox ;-)

How on earth could you possibly keep it secret though?
    Could you trust anyone outside your close family to keep it secret?  Not sure I could to be honest.

How could anyone explain a new house, car(s) etc?

Would make sure myself, my family and my friends were well looked after but the rest would be donated to charity.  £100m is a bloody obscene amount of money. 
  • Options

no publicity

if i won £100m i would travel the world havin sex with loads of women in every city i went too. then after my knob fell off id buy a mansion villa in Ibiza and rave till i killed myself. Thats the dream.

• Options

Going public is not a good idea when you're from south London, where people use robbery as a way of life. Wouldn't touch CAFC.  But would always be prepared to bail us out of the shit should we need cash to keep us out of administration.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Wouldnt make it public but neither me nor the money would be in the country long enough for it to make a blind bit of difference whether went public or not.

Not a chance the incompetetant arseholes running this country (I count all MPS regardless of party in this) will be getting the amazing amount of tax that just the interest payments will incur.

I'd still fly in for Charlton games but under no uncertain terms would I settle here, this country is screwed up and things won't chance, but thats the whole point of globalisation/capatilism isn't it?? Like locus feed off what you can then move to better more prosperus lands, well the rich and 'healthier' move the rest are screwed.

• Options
    no publicity

I would travel the world havin sex with loads of women in every city i went too. then I'd buy a mansion villa in Ibiza and rave till i killed myself. Thats the dream.

Ah yes that takes me back to the early 90s. Happy days!
  • Options

Camelot do put a lot of pressure on you to go public. Their arguement is get it all out in the open early, then you can live your life freely without trying to hide your wealth. Well of course they want you to, it's brilliant publicity for them. How many extra lotto tickets will be sold over the next few draws because of this win? Thousands.

I'd never tell a soul.

Remember Vivian"Spend! Spend! Spend!" Nicholson? Huge Pools winner from the 60's (Equivalent of about £17m today) -  Well it was her husbands coupon and he DID tick the No Publicity box!

• Options

no publicity

if i won £100m i would travel the world havin sex with loads of women in every city i went too. then after my knob fell off id buy a mansion villa in Ibiza and rave till i killed myself. Thats the dream.

You cant beat a life plan.

I would keep it quiet.

No money for CAFC, I would buy/start my own MotoGP team and get 2 up and coming British riders to try to win the championship last won by Sheene in 77. None to charity, no amount of money can make unlucky people lucky ;o)
  • Options
    No publicity and move to another country for me, back to Australia I think

Would chuck 10 mil to the addicks for a life time box. Pretty sure id be dead within 5 years so thats a great valley from a Charlton perspective = )
  • Options
    They give you an extra thousand pound for going public apparently.
  • Options
    Really? I won a tenner the other week and told everyone about it but they didn't give me f**k all!
  • Options
    Every little helps! Even when you have 100mil in the bank.
  • Options
    Lol!
  • Options
    what I did a friend of mine did was wait a few months until there was a small (£2m) pay out and claimed he'd won that.
    Publicity ?

Ha, I wouldn't even tell my wife !
    Just cos that's what she did that to you in 2008 that's no excuse.  What?  She's still not told you. Oops!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In 1978 my nan won the pools, £67,000
    With that she bought her house outright in Pitsea, a new car, and my Grandad started a video rental business
    She gave all her children (8) a thousand pound each and lived the rest of her days playing bingo and betting on horses to her hearts content.

Thats exactly what I'd do, spend as much as poss and give the rest away
  • Options
    Wouldn't go public, would probably invest in Charlton if they were struggling financially in L1 or L2.

Maybe a £5m donation to them to buy a few players if they are in the CCC
  • Options
    No publicity.

Far too many skeletons.

I'd buy Welling Utd.
    This (except for the skeletons bit)

would pretend my mother had won it so the wife cdnt blow it all tho.... ;)
  • Options

No publicity, would pretend we had won a couple of hundred grand to explain new house.

Yes I would invest a substantial amount in Charlton. 

• Options

No to the publicity.

I think I would invest in Football somewhere but not necesarilly Charlton , not because I wouldn't want to but because I suspect the Misterons have deeper pockets than even 101 million and I am not sure whether it would be enough to secure a serious holding in the club . I like the idea of taking on someone like Barnet or Dagenham and helping them grow.

Last year before the takeover I would certainly have wanted to be involved with the Addicks.

• Options

No publiciy - can't understand why you'd do that.

The new owners seem to have a plan, so I'd leave Charlton alone for the time being. Someone mentioned buying Welling - if I gave any money to my sons, the younger one would probably do that (he's mentioned it in the past).

• Options

I cant understand anyone with a family going public... I would on the other hand as i'm 17 and you'd have birds throwing emself at ya every 5 minutes

• Options

I cant understand anyone with a family going public... I would on the other hand as i'm 17 and you'd have birds throwing emself at ya every 5 minutes

Some of us already do...cough, cough, splutter, splutter.

Quite suprised how many would NOT put money into the club. All far too sensible on here...
  • Options
    wouldn't go public.

would help Charlton out though.

I bet a Charlton fan has won the lottery recently and that's were all our money is coming from. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't go public with it, I would pay someone 100,000 to take the brunt and pretend they won it so I won't get bothered by mates/very extended family/hangers on all the time.

I wouldn't invest in a football club for players etc.as I feel you wouldn't see the benefits, so I would pay towards better facilities for players and upgrading the stadium for the fans (better trained staff, faster beer pumps and new, slightly padded, non fading seats would be my priorities)