Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managing a team ( and two boozers)

Anyone remember you this was ? A very successful spell as manager, whilst also running a couple of pubs. Makes you wonder what Directors of Football are for.

Comments

• Mike Bailey?
  • George Graham, the 2 x boozers were Tony Adams & Paul Merson :-)
  • George Graham, the 2 x boozers were Tony Adams & Paul Merson :-)

that's what i just thought !
  • Bournemouth Addick is right - Fergie ( for it was he ) whilst in charge of St. Mirren between 1974 to 1978. I don't particularly care for the man but I have to concede that he is a great manager, well organised and good at putting the fear of God into people ( the latter being a pre-requisite for any Glaswegian publican). An interesting bit of trivia from When Saturday Comes. St. Mirren also gave him the boot when he was approached by Aberdeen and tried to take one or two members of staff with him. Fergie sued them for unfair dismissal and lost.

Unless I imagined it in a drunken stupor, I'm sure I was served in the old Valley Club by Mike Bailey but I think that was after he left Brighton.

The George Graham answer is most certainly worthy of a bonus point in a local pub quiz ( ! ).